~Chapter 39~

Vinnie's POV:
I grabbed the shot in front of me and slurped it down before returning to the random girl I had found when I walked into the party.

"Hey, baby." I sent a smirk to her. I wrapped my arm around her before taking her upstairs.

We were at Jett's house for a random party with all of our friends and a bunch of people from school.

I had been staying with Jett these past couple of weeks because I didn't want to be at home.

It was too lonely and quiet there.

A couple of days after Shaylynn left, I grabbed Venice and went to Jett's. I claimed a room and I've been staying with him since.

His parents are barely home, they're always out of town and either way, I don't think they'll mind.

I took the girl to the bedroom I was staying in.

She immediately started to strip as soon as we walked into the room.

I started to take my shirt off as I kissed all the way down her neck and to her breasts.

Suddenly I heard the door fly open.

"What the fuck are you doing Vincent?" Jett was behind me. The girl grabbed all the clothes she had taken off and hurried out of the room.

I took the drink out of Jett's hand and finished it before grabbing my shirt off the ground so I could start putting it back on.

"You ruined all my fun." I started laughing quietly.

"That's not fun Vinnie. That's something to keep your mind off all the bad things going on for you right now." He said in a serious tone.

"Look, man, I know you've had it rough but I don't want you making mistakes-" he continued on.

"And neither would she. Shaylynn wouldn't want you like this." I got angry quickly.

"Don't. I don't want to hear about her." I pushed passed him and went back downstairs to get another drink.

I didn't want to hear about Shaylynn. That was the last thing I wanted to talk about.

Shaylynn's gone. I pushed her away. I want her to be happy and she deserves someone better than me. I tried to remember that every time I missed her.

I took a shot quickly before returning to my friends. The music along with their conversations helped me to drown out anything going on.

"Hey Vinnie, what are you doing tonight?" A girl came up to me. This time it was a different girl.

"Aw you know, lonely people things." I took another sip of a drink before checking her out.

"I can help with the lonely part if you would like." She grabbed my hand.

"I would love that." We walked upstairs and into my bedroom.

As we walked upstairs, I thought about how this girl will never be Shaylynn. No other girl will be Shay but they all sure liked to try.

I shut the door without thinking about Shaylynn.

If she knew what I was doing to forget about her, she wouldn't want anything to do with me.

Jett was right but I didn't care. She was already gone there was nothing I could do about it. I was sticking to what I said.

I wasn't going to destroy her and ruin her. I refused to do that to her.

---------------
Shaylynn's POV:
I had woken up around noon.