~Chapter 23~

2 weeks later

Shaylynn's POV:

I curled the last piece of my hair and unplugged the curling iron so that it could cool. I pulled out one of my favorite lip glosses and started unscrewing the cap. A pair of arms wrapped around me and pulled me close.

Vinnie was wrapped around me watching me put on my lip gloss.

He had just gotten out of bed. He only had grey sweatpants on, leaving all of his tattoos fully exposed.

"I'm going to get in the shower" With his arms still wrapped around me, he kissed my cheek and then released his hold on me.

He grabbed his towel and started getting ready to get in the shower.

I finished putting my lip gloss on and put away all my makeup. I put the curling iron away and left the bathroom for Vinnie so he could shower.

Once I left the bathroom, I got all my school stuff ready for the day.

Putting all my books and things in my bag. I set my bag by the door and made my way to the kitchen to grab a small breakfast.

I first grabbed a small snack for my lunch later on. I usually don't eat a big lunch until after school.

Then I grabbed a water and a protein bar, I sat on the counter. I started scrolling through Instagram, eating my protein bar.

After about 10 minutes, Vinnie came out of the bedroom. He was wearing blue jeans and a grey hoodie. He had a beanie covering his extremely messy hair.

He went over to the fridge and grabbed water. Then he came over to the counter and stood facing me.

"So you know how thanksgiving is next week?" I was trying to start a conversation. I honestly don't know where we should go this year.

I don't know what family he has and my mom was the only family I really had.

"Yeah, why?"

"We are off of school and I think we should go visit some family. I don't know what my Mom's side of the family is doing, maybe we could go there or something. Or do you have any family you want to go see?"

He started thinking and then finally he spoke.

"I only have my older brother, Caiden. He is in college and he usually hangs out with his friends for holidays. We don't talk much ever since my parents died."

I felt bad. I always think about how I wish Vinnie talked more about how his life was before meeting me.

What did he do for the holidays? What did he eat, if he had no one to cook for but himself? What did he watch on Netflix? How did he stay sane?

A better question is how did we both stay sane? I was taking care of a drunk and he was alone. Oh, how times have changed since then?

"Oh. I don't know but we will figure it out, I promise. We need to go or we will be late" I jumped off the counter and grabbed my bag and we headed out the door. On the way to school, I texted my nana.

Hey nana, it's Shay. Do you know what the family is planning for Thanksgiving? Will my mom be there? Just wondering, get back to me whenever you can :)

Once we got to school, I tucked my phone in my bag and got out of the car. Vinnie and I walked into school together, until one of us was stopped by someone wanting to talk to us.

Then we usually went our separate ways until whenever we could see each other next.

Devin was waiting at my locker for me when I approached it. She looked so much better than she did the last time I saw her.