~Chapter 22~

Shaylynn's pov: Friday

I put all my books back from the day in my locker. Making sure to re-organize them in the spot that they were in this morning when I first opened them.

Once I was done I shut my locker and started walking to the parking lot of my school.

I made my way to Vinnie's car where he was already standing, leaning against the hood waiting for me. He had his arms crossed as he examined me inching closer and closer to him.

"Hi baby" I leaned up and kissed him. He wrapped his arm wrapped around my waist and his other hand held the side of my face. He released the kiss and brought his face close to my ear.

"I missed you" His voice mumbled against my neck.

"We were literally in school for 6 hours. How is that possible?" We started walking to the side of the car where my door was.

"I miss you even if you're away from me for a second" I gave him the "aww that's so cute" face as I got in the car, and he closed the door behind me. He went around to his side and got in.

"Alright we have to go home and just wait for 5 pm to appear on the clock," I said looking down at my phone, at the text that Devin just sent confirming that Brad would be at her house at 6.

"Are you sure you really want to get involved in this?"

"Yes of course. That's my best friend I have too"

He grabbed my hand and let out a sigh.

"Okay," He kept his hand in mine as we drove home. When we got home, I took off my shoes and put down my stuff.

I made my way to the kitchen for some water then I lay on the couch to play on my phone for a little.

A few minutes after I lay on the couch, Vinnie followed. I leaned against his chest as his arm wrapped around my shoulders. After 30 minutes of just sitting there. Vinnie put down his phone. When I caught on I put mine down as well.

He gave me this look. He had a smirk on his face. I just looked at him, waiting for him to say something but he didn't.

"What Vincent?!"

"Come here"

I moved closer to him. He pulled my face in and instead of kissing me he buried his head in my neck. biting me and licking which tickled me a lot. He continued doing it as he moved me so I was now straddling his lap.

"Vinnie stop, that tickles" I giggled. he didn't stop, he just moved down my neck.

"Stop Vincent" He finally stopped. After a few seconds, I realized how quiet he was. He was silent. There had to be something wrong.

"Hey look at me" I brought his face up so that he was now looking at me. I continued straddling his lap.

"What's wrong?" He just nodded his head from side to side and buried his head back in my neck but this time he brought me closer and was hugging me.

"I don't want you getting hurt" My heart hurt. He was actually worried about me. Like deeply worried about me.

I hugged him back. Then I brought his face up and kissed him softly.

"I will be okay I promise" He nodded. I got off his lap and sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and we just enjoyed each other's warmness.

I felt bad. I didn't want him to worry about me but I couldn't back out now nor do I want to. I have to help Devin.

She can't live like this anymore. I don't want her to live like this anymore. It's affecting her mentally and physically.

---------------