~Chapter 43~

It had been a couple of days since the whole thing with my mom. Vinnie and I took a couple of days to get back into the routine of being together. 

The fridge looked like he hadn't eaten for days. It was genuinely concerning. 

We went food shopping so that I could restock the fridge and the pantry. 

We returned to my house to get clothes and stuff that I had left there. 

I also wasn't planning on going back to that home before I go to college so I got everything I wanted from the house while I was there. 

It was very hard saying goodbye to the house I grew up in but I needed a fresh start and a place to make new memories. 

I decided that place was with Vinnie. He made me happy and I wanted him to be the one that I made new memories with. 

We had a rocky last few months but we were going to work through it and work it out together. 

Today was the first day that we were going back to school together. 

Yesterday Vinnie didn't go to school because he picked up an extra shift at his job. So I went to school while he worked. 

We got up around six so we could both take showers before we go to school. 

"Do you want me to shower first or do you want to go first?" I said tracing over the tattoo on his chest with my finger. 

"How about we go together?" He said with a smirk on his face. 

Before I knew it Vinnie got up and grabbed me by my feet to drag me to the bottom of the bed. 

I let out a little scream as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. 

He set me down once we walked into the bathroom. He took off his clothes and walked into the shower. 

I took off my clothes and walked into the shower right after him. 

I looked down because I felt a little shy. I could feel his stare burning through me. 

"Look at me." He used one of his fingers to lift my chin. I made direct eye contact with his beautiful green eyes. 

"You're beautiful." He said before he kissed my forehead. 

I got more comfortable so I started washing underneath the shower head. The water felt so nice on my skin. 

I felt Vinnie's arms wrap around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and buried his head in my neck. 

"I don't want to go to school," Vinnie said quietly. 

"We have to go, baby," I said rubbing his soft hair. 

"Ugh don't call me that. It makes me stay with you all day." Vinnie said before backing away from me and grabbing a towel. 

He started to get ready while I finished in the shower. 

When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my body before going to pick out clothes. 

I picked out a comfy outfit. I picked out black jeans and a black tank top that showed off my chest a little too much. 

So I grabbed a green flannel to put on top. 

After I got dressed, I did my light makeup and let my curly hair down. 

I put all my jewelry on and then put my shoes on before walking out into the kitchen. 

Vinnie was leaning against the counter eating an apple and scrolling on his phone.