Dukal Family

...

"So...

You're the best swordsman in this empire...?"
Katsuki asked, suspicious of his new mentor that he'd have to share with Izuku.

"I suppose"
The man replied. He had long black hair that stopped just around his neck, he had dull gray eyes with eye bags surrounding them, he also had beard stubble, and overall he didn't look like someone professional.

"What's your name?"
Izuku asked.

"I'm Shouta Aizawa. I'll be teaching the both of you until you're better than I am.
You may refer to me as Sensei or Aizawa Sensei"
He replied.

"Okay!"
Izuku smiled.

"What's your quirk?"
Katsuki asked as he could no longer keep it in.

"My quirk is the ability to cancel other quirks"

"Woah?! No wonder you're considered the best, the only thing you have to worry about when fighting people is how good their swordsmanship is."

"Politely, stop bringing up how I'm the "best" it's a tacky title that's unnecessary. I'm just a swordman like everyone else that learns how to use a sword properly."

"But if you're the best wouldn't you want everyone to know?"

"Not really"

"You're one weird dude."

"This weird dude will be your teacher for the next 10-12 years of your life so you have to get used to it.

Anyways.

Let us begin with the basics.
Show me your wooden swords"

Izuku and Katsuki both brought out their wooden swords, they were ready.

"Typically if you have an offense based quirk you'd want to imbue it into your sword for optimal usage.
However since these are wooden swords they can't handle the capacity of quirks.

I'll teach you about imbuing when you're both strong enough to wield a metal sword properly"

_________________________________________

During the years that passed, the 2 of them excelled in there swordsmanship classes.

It had only been 3 years since they began to learn but they were already at the level of the average guard.

Katsuki was able to wield a metal sword at the age of 6 and learned how to imbue his quirk into the sword.
Izuku too was able to wield a metal sword at the same age, his only issue was...

His quirk had yet to activate.

What made it even more strange was, everyone around him could sense his presence getting stronger through the passing years.
It only ever meant his power was growing.

The issue was, it wouldn't activate...

"Ha I'm amazing!"
Katsuki boasted as he showed off his skills to his father.
He took down a dummy with 1 slash that had been imbued with his quirk.

"Great job Katsuki, you must be gifted. I haven't seen talent like this in a while."
All might said as he patted his head.

He glanced over at Izuku, it's almost as if his presence had grown within that second.
"And you? Show me what you can do."

Izuku gulped as he nodded his head.
He clutched his sword and charged straight for the dummy.

He was fast for a 7 year old, and with all his practice, he was able to take some the dummy in 1 move too.
The only "issue" with his father was...
He didn't imbue his quirk.