Getting Along

...

Izuku grabbed his lunch and made his way to a table.
Many wanted to sit with him but were very hesitant.
The first to sit with him was his childhood friend, Todoroki.

"Good evening your highness" todoroki greeted as he began to eat his lunch.

"Evening."

They usually didn't talk in formalities since they were good enough of friends, but since they were in a public situation where reputation was everything they couldn't really be comfortable and talk how they wanted.

"What you did in class earlier was cool, managing to break the log like that. I'm surprised the sword didn't break"

"Yes, the swords given weren't off the best material. I'm surprised they didn't break when quirks were imbued."

"You think we'll use actual swords in the future?"

"Maybe, I can't be certain."

The conversation was full of small talk, however everyone else around was acting as if it was the conversation of the century. Like it was the latest news.

Kaminari took a deep breath in, stressed out of his mind.
Izuku looked like a cool dude and he wanted to talk with him, but he was worried he was going to mess up.

"Hello your highness! I-im Denki Kaminari. May I sit with you?"
He asked as he sweat bullets.

The people who stood around watched in anticipation, how would Izuiu reply...?

"I haven't even done anything, why is he scared?"
Izuku thought to himself as he stared at him in confusion.

Kaminari was practically crumbling under the silence.

"I'm sorry your-"
Kaminari couldn't withstand the pressure anymore, but he was cut off before he could finish.

"You can."
Izuku replied, cutting him off.

"Thank you your highness, I was worried I had said something rude or if I was too bold in approaching you"
Kaminari said as he sat down like a deflated balloon.

"You did nothing of the sort."
Izuku was personally in a good mood, he actually had some good food. While he did get better at cooking over the years, nothing really beat expert cooking.

"C-can I sit with you too...?"

Izuku glanced up, it was kirishima.

He looked even worse in comparison to Kaminari, his uneasiness had been written all over his face.

"Yes you may"

Kirishima took a seat by Kaminari, a fist bump was exchanged underneath the table. Neither of them knew each other, but they both shared the same stress initially.

Katsuki walked pass Izuku's table, he grew angry when he saw Todoroki had already been seated with him.
They were both his friend, but neither of them liked eachother.

Poor Todoroki had to be in the middle of all the enemy tension.

Izuku exchanged a glance with Katsuki, it was like there was an electric strike in the air as they both eyed eachother until they were out of each other's sight.

Izuku couldn't help but grin smugly, "can't do anything here, and I got to sit with Todoroki first.

Haha idiot."
He thought to himself as he finally made it halfway through his meal.

He had been savoring every bite while also making sure to follow table etiquette.

"I'm gonna kill that stupid Deku! Looking down at me?! Just because Icyhot decided to sit with you first?? You of all people shouldn't be getting a big head about that!