Untitled Part 17

Every step the man took, Yuki took one back, even with the studying she was doing of him. She wasn't sure if she could trust him; as he had confirmed that they had been shot at by a man he knew. Well, to put it correctly, her. He had shot at, and hit, her.
"We were trying to escape. So please let us go," Yuki pleaded calmly. Silently, she took the small space of time before the man answered to focus her mind on the location of her friends.

"Escape who?" He pressed, truly wanting to tie the whole situation from earlier to the one he was currently in together. It was all a puzzle to him.

Yuki barely heard him speak. Her thoughts were too fixed on hoping he wouldn't try anything. As she continued to mentally scan the area for her friends, she replied a little absentmindedly, "The xelrions."
Ah-ha. She found them by Jon Paul's thinking, only to find out that it was too late. Red Bear turned the corner a little way down the hall and was now in sight of the man.

His stare was as easy as he could make it. It was hard, because he wasn't sure who they were. Sypher smiled slightly at the group that had joined him and the girl. He wondered if these faces he now saw belonged to the group that the one he was questioning belonged to.
"Hello there. Am I right in assuming that you are with this young lady here?"

Red Bear's deep voice was guarded as they approached. "You shot at us." He gave Yuki a quick look over as came up to beside her. Almost instantly, he noticed something was not right with her. That she wasn't in the best of shape.
Yuki looked at him, her golden eyes dim and unfocused. "They are with me," she said, answering the question the man asked.
"What did you do?" Red Bear's voice rang out before the man could make a comment to Yuki.