Untitled Part 28

Sabrina skidded to a halt just inches short of the now closed door. "Sypher!" She called to his back. He had begun to follow the dark skinned cyborg. Had he forgotten he was still under her orders, Sabrina thought to herself. With a grunt, she sprinted forward with the well revered speed of her people, catching up with Sypher within a mere second. She snatched his arm in hand and brought him to a stand-still.
"Did you not here me!? Or are you blatantly ignoring me!?" she half shouted, letting her tightly controlled anger slip a little. The specks of green in her eyes gleamed dangerously among the brown.
Sypher swallowed hard. "Neither ma'am... Or at least," he faltered, showing in his true age. His eyes showed that of a scared child. That of someone who only now got a glimpse of what fear looked like.
"Or at least you thought that you were given a new order, so you had to follow it."
Sypher nodded.
"Well then," Sabrina breathed low in her throat. "Just remember this; until I or the captain say otherwise, you still follow our orders." She glanced over her shoulder at the now speck of the group. A smirk quirked up at the corner of her mouth. The distance meant nothing to her. She brought her hard gazed back to Sypher. "Now, get back to the ship. Have the captain or the relief pilot let you in. You are to pilot it to follow me using the signal from my communicator. Then, once you've caught up, you are to wait for my signal. I will give you a wave of my hand, then you will use the energy fields that the ship creates to form a barrier around me and the group we are rescuing. But if that plan changes, I will contact you or the relief pilot and you'll cover us with the rifles that are on that ship. Is that understood?"
"Ma'am, I understand. But there is one thing I'm worried about."
Sabrina's eyebrows raised slightly in questioning disbelief.
"Won't those attacking us be able to hack into the scanners to know what will be happening?"
Her eyes softened a little as she burst into laughter. "Of course not. If they did, their equipment would fry. The only ones able access it are the ones that pilot and that are of rank. Now," she said, composing herself. Sabrina gave Sypher a push in the direction of the shuttle. "Go before we lose them completely."
Sypher nodded once before he was off.
Sabrina turned back around and began to sprint after the group.