Chapter 13: Oridinary Miracles

(Song recommendation: https://open.spotify.com/track/6fm2tJPUpvf8lkxbv3SVFC?si=ZszfH3lKRX2_IGR0K8DL8Q )

     "I don't think anyone's ever felt relaxed around me..." Remus muttered, laying down on the table once more. He looked thoughtfully at the ceiling, and could feel Logan watching him as he processed this. "You make me want to open up to you... I mean, Janus kinda did too, but I think that had something to do with his gift. You... It feels natural with you." He admitted. "Oh?" Logan asked hopefully. "Yeah, and I hate it. I'm not really... I don't like being vulnerable." Remus growled before sitting up again. "Well... I don't either. Opening up is difficult for me as well." Logan admitted. "Though it seems that fighting the urge to open up is a waste of time, since we'll eventually open up regardless of our best effort." He added.
Remus sighed and laid down again, causing Logan to chuckle a little. "Oh fuck you." Remus huffed. "Are you offering?" Logan returned with a smirk. Remus blinked, sitting up to stare at Logan in shock. He then laughed before getting off the table and shaking his head. "You're something else." Remus sighed as he walked away. He paused at the door and thought for a moment, then gestured for Logan to follow him before leaving the library.
     "Is that a good thing?" Logan questioned, following Remus. "I don't know yet." Remus replied. He turned around and started walking backwards so he could study Logan, who attempted to walk just as properly as he ever did. Though there was something different about Logan from when he walked into the ballroom. His posture was more relaxed, his arms were folded behind his back, and he looked around the castle absentmindedly, as if trying to see as much of these new surroundings as he could. He had a curious look in his eyes, and Remus couldn't help but think that Logan looked beautiful like this.
     "Have you ever left your queendom before?" Remus asked curiously. Logan shook his head. "No, I have not. This is my first time." He answered. "So you've nerves seen anything outside of the icelands huh?" Remus realized. "Well, I'm not completely ignorant. I've done research on the world outside my nation, I know just as much about the culture, architecture, flora, fauna, etcetera of various places as anyone native there would know. If not more." Logan assured him.
     "Yeah, but knowing things isn't the same as experiencing them." Remus replied before turning forward and running down the halls. "Where are you going?" Logan asked, speed walking to keep up since running would be improper. "We're going to the forest! I think you'd like it." Remus cheered. "Very well." Logan agreed, chuckling softly.

     Logan looked amazed as they entered the forest, stunned by the smell of the trees and flowers around them, the warmth of sun rays shining through the branches, the sounds of birds and pine needles under their feet. He felt excited as a butterfly flew past them, and chills as he felt the texture of the bark on a nearby trunk. "This is..." Logan began, hesitating before relaxing more and allowing a large smile to spread over his face. "Incredible." He breathed out.
     Remus smiled and sat by a tree, resting his head in his palm as he watched Logan. He had the urge to tell Logan that he though Logan was incredible, but held it back. He could feel himself on the verge of falling for Logan, heck he practically already had... but he was already in love with Virgil, and told Virgil he would simply wait out the month. Sure, Virgil could just end up with Roman, but... It would just feel so... unnatural for their game to be over. For them to finally make a choice.
     It felt so surreal, for this stranger from another land to have caught Remus's eye so quickly, could make Remus feel this way. Then again, perhaps this feeling would pass. Maybe he'd get bored of Logan, and Logan would have had enough of him, and everything would just go back to normal... but did Remus really want that? Was 'normal' a good thing?
     "Are you alright?" Logan asked, noticing Remus was lost in thought. Remus nodded, though still seemed lost in thought. Logan smiled softly, picking a flower from the ground before sitting beside Remus. Remus smiled at the flower as he accepted it, feeling his heart flutter. "That flower is called yarrow, it looks like a weed, but it symbolizes Love and Healing." Logan informed him, causing Remus to blush and smile as he fidgeted with the flower.
     "What does that flower mean?" Remus asked, pointing to some brown eyed susans that grew by a tree across the path from them. "That's a brown eyed susan, named after a character in a poem. The flower represents Justice." Logan stated. "Oooh!" Remus cheered, quite interested in this. Logan was like a human textbook, which Remus found both amusing and interesting. "What about those?" He asked, pointing to some daisies. "Daisies represent innocence and purity." Logan informed him.
     "Good thing you didn't give me a Daisy then." Remus snickered. "I take it the meaning would have been inaccurate?" Logan asked, humoured by this information. "No, I'm as sweet and pure as they come." Remus replied sarcastically before laughing. "Patton would probably like daisies though." He added. Logan nodded in agreement. "Yes, they'd certainly suit his aesthetic." He confirmed as he looked around the forest.
     "What about those ones?" Remus continued to quiz, pointing at several dandelions. "Those are dandelions. They resemble growth, hope, and healing. They are also known as the wishing flower, due to a superstition that if you blow off the seeds after the flower turns white, your wish will be granted." Logan told him. "They're also edible. Every part of the dandelion is edible." Logan added. "Cool! Though technically everything's edible. Just some things are only edible once." Remus pointed out. Logan took a moment to process what Remus said, and when he realized what Remus meant, he sighed and shook his head.
     Remus cackled and laid back against the tree, admiring the flower as he held it up towards the sun. "Look at us, a jester and a professor born as two Princes, one trying to court the other. We're probably the last two bitches anyone could imagine in a romantic setting." Remus sighed. Logan shrugged, admiring Remus for a moment.
     "True, but you don't seem to be the kind of person that does what people expect of you." Logan pointed out. "Well, yeah. If I did what people wanted, I might as well just lock myself in my room and never come out." Remus huffed. "Then perhaps you simply grew up around the wrong people." Logan suggested. "Fair enough." Remus agreed, looking back at Logan and smiling as he studied the other Prince. They just stayed like that for a while, staring into each other's eyes.