chapter four

Slight TW for swear words

"Little did you two know, there was someone behind you, observing and writing down everything that had happened."

Yae Miko's POV

Well then. Humans seem to be so careless nowadays then, hm? Not even bothering to check their surroundings before doing their work. How smart. I had just finished, I guess you could call it either observing or stalking this girl that Ei was so attracted to. I could see why, she was attractive and seemed kind, though I feel like Ei will go to extremes to get this woman. Though, I guess if she does that's her own doings. Everyone has purpose towards what they do, yeah?

However, I am quite curious to see how Ei will take this observation, as this...girl, to whom which I believe is named Yoimiya, kissed Ei's 'beloved'. But, I am sure Ei will be pleased to find out that I figured out the name of the girl: Y/N. Not a bad one at all.

As Ei is one of my dearest friends, I shall help her to get this girl. Anything. Ei deserves someone special to her, considering all the people she lost in the past. I think Y/N and Ei would make a great couple. Though, the only one who can and will decide that is fate.

Unfortunately, it was time for me to break the news to Ei as I had reached the top of the Grand Narukami Shrine. She'll be pleased to find out that I figured out the name of the girl, but Yoimiya is definitely an obstacle in this.

"Ei," I semi shouted. "Ah, Miko. Welcome back. Have you figured out anything? Anything whatsoever?" She responded back. "Yes, I have indeed found out a thing or two. The girls name is Y/N," I said, smiling at Ei as I saw her eyes light up with joy. "What a wonderful name for a wonderful woman," Ei said, happier than ever, it's been awhile since I've seen her so happy. Shame that this will change right after I tell her about Yoimiya.

"Though, unfortunately, there may be a thing, or person, in the way of your dreams to get with Y/N, Ei," I sighed, hoping she wouldn't get too pissed off. Ei's eyes turned back to seriousness, "Miko. Do tell," Ei said sharply. I wasn't scared of Ei, but she seemed like she could preform a homicide or of the such. No matter, she was always intimidating. Perhaps not to me necessarily, but to others. I sighed.

"There happened to be this woman that seemed to have met your precious Y/N. As they do seem to be close to each other," I said, hoping that Ei wouldn't get that mad, though, my hopes didn't really happen. "What do you mean," Ei had spoken very seriously, sometimes it's rare to see her this intense. So I was a bit taken back but not very shocked about this.

"Her names Yoimiya I'm pretty sure. She has blondish hair, interesting accessories that stand out in a good way, and works for Naganohara Fireworks. I know you won't be happy about this, but it just so happened that this Yoimiya was acting very close to Y/N, things such as staring at her with very loving eyes. Even to going as far as kissing her on the cheek-" Ei had interrupted my sentence, "What?!" She yelled. "She dares to kiss what's mine?" "Ei, it's alright calm down. I'm sure we can figure out a safe way to get Yoimiya away from Y/N, there's 100% a way," I said, trying to somewhat comfort Ei. I really didn't want her causing trouble, that would a very unfortunate thing.

"I don't care, Miko. Y/N is mine, not Yoimiya's. Tell me where this bitch went. Now," Ei said, very sternly. I normally went along with Ei's plans, but it felt like a somewhat bad idea to go along with them this time. I sigh. I don't know what will happen to Yoimiya if I tell Ei, but I want Ei to be happy and so, if this is what must be done, it must be done.

"She should be going towards Chinju Forest to pick up ingredients, and Y/N is probably just wandering," I said. Ei nodded. "Thank you, Miko," she then walked off. "Sorry, Yoimiya," I whispered.

3rd Person POV

Ei angrily walked down the stairs of the Grand Narukami Shrine, eventually reaching the bottom. To say she was pissed was completely off the mark. She was furious. In her mind, Yoimiya was the bad guy. This was probably the most mad Ei had been in awhile. Getting lost in her own thoughts, she could see Chinju Forest in the distance after not much time.

Ei stopped, and wanted to brainstorm a plan, to get Yoimiya away from Y/N.

Whilst she was brainstorming, Y/N on the other hand was completely unaware of what was happening. She assumed Yoimiya was back at her firework shop creating and selling fireworks. Out of curiosity, you decided head towards the famous Grand Narukami Shrine, like you originally planned to do before you stumbled across Yoimiya.

You smiled at the thought of Yoimiya. Perhaps you may have gained a slight crush on the girl. Yoimiya was such a nice girl, and that's what you liked about her. She was just likable. Maybe, if these feelings continue, you will confess to her. To you, the thought of dating someone as nice as her would be wonderful! Smiling and giggling as you pleased, you started prancing towards the Grand Narukami Shrine, hoping you'd find out more info about Inazuma there.

Whilst you were having your nice walk, Ei had finally thought of her plan. Was it the proper way to settle things? In the human mind, no, but in her mind it was the correct thing to do. Ei ventured into Chinju Forest, she hadn't been in here for awhile so she forgot what it had looked like. Looking around brought back memories to her. She continued walking, with not one ounce of sympathy in her heart.

Ei had been walking for about ten minutes, until she saw a girl with blondish hair, and by the unique accessories, she could tell this was Yoimiya. Ei suddenly felt a bit of guilt, was this truly the right thing to do? Ei stared at Yoimiya from behind a tree and bush. Yes. To her this was the correct thing to do.

"You must be Yoimiya, yes?"

~~~💜~~~

Sorry for any typos -minty