chapter eighteen

He sighed, he looked away from Ei. "Fine..let's talk about it if that's what you wish,"

Ei's POV

   "Thank you, Kunikuzushi. Y/N darling, could you step outside for a moment? Maybe you could go and find Miko. I'm sure she's here at this time. Maybe," I spoke to Y/N. "Yeah, of course. I'll go find Miko or I'll sleep. I don't know," Y/N replied, giving a smile on her way out. Me and Kunikuzushi stared at Y/N as she walked out. She gently closed the door, before I heard her humming outside of the room.

   We stared at each other for a good moment before Kunikuzushi spoke. "Why Ei? Why do to care about me now? What changed your mind? You seemed to have no regrets leaving me there. So why now? Why not back then? Back when I suffered the most? But now, now you decide I matter to you? You left me when I needed you the most!"

   I sighed. "I don't even remember why I left you, Kunikuzushi. I..I believe I felt as if you were too soft and gentle for the tasks you would've been assigned and- and...I didn't want you to get hurt. The world is...a messed up place. A very messed up place. You were so kind and..I..I couldn't harm you. So I just decided to leave you so you could be free. I..I wasn't expecting the Fatui to take you. I wanted you to explore all of Teyvat and enjoy more freedom than what you originally had, not get stolen by the Fatui. Or did you choose for that to happen? I..don't know. Please Kunikuzushi, I just want things between us to change. I miss seeing your smile everyday. I miss when I could clean and help you heal your wounds. I guess..you could say you're like a son to me," I explained. Kunikuzushi stared at me with widened eyes, tears and emotions beginning to form in his normally cold eyes.

3rd Person POV

   You on the other hand had wandered deeper into Tenshukaku, stumbling upon a room with a pink door. You knocked. "Come in~" you knew by the tone it was Miko. "Hi Miko!" You smiled, walking into her room. "Ah, hello Y/N. How's your relationship with Ei going?" She asked. "Good!" You smiled proudly. "That's wonderful, Y/N. Though, being honest, I am quite surprised this worked out. I mean, Ei sort of kidnapped you, and then you ran away from her, and then now you guys are official. What a plot twist, this gives me an idea for a novel-" "No! Please don't mention my name in it!" You looked at her wide-eyed, whilst blushing of embarrassment. Miko chuckled. "Well then, if you say so~ but, I may need to. You never know~" "Gahhh Miko!!!!!" you covered for face before running out.

   You had assumed that Ei and Kunikuzushi were still talking. You noticed some very pretty paintings on the wall. You saw one of Ei. It was beautiful. You smiled at the painting. "Whoever painted this needs a raise!" You spoke, astonished.

   You wandered back to Ei's room as it had been about ten minutes. "Should I go in? Or...should I not? This is difficult..." You pondered the question that was on your mind. You shrugged you shoulders. "Fuck it,"

   "Woah woah woah- what did I miss," you said, staring at the intense chess game that was going on. Ei and Kunikuzushi both looked at you. "You missed a lot, darling," Ei chuckled nervously. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.  "Are you guys good then?" You asked, smiling. "It depends on this chess game," Kunikuzushi responded. "What?" You said, exaggerating the t. "Well, how do I explain this.." Ei thought out loud. "I told Ei I'd forgive her if she beat me in a game of chess," Kunikuzushi spoke up, smirking. "Why chess? Out all games you chose chess?" You spat. You hated chess. "What's wrong with chess?" Kunikuzushi frowned. "Everything," you hissed. Kunikuzushi pouted.

   "Just continue before I knock that stupid board off that fucking table you god damn chess loving weirdos," you spat at them, taking a seat on the floor. Ei gasped at your anger. "I'm never getting you a chess board...never..." She spoke gently. You glared at her. She shivered. Even Kunikuzushi looked startled. "Umm..very well, Y/N. Let's continue now, Ei," Kunikuzushi spoke very fastly.

   Ei was surprisingly very good at chess, she was able to predict all of Kunikuzushi's strategy's. "How are you so good, what is this knowledge?!" He exclaimed. "Andddd checkmate," Ei smiled. Kunikuzushi pouted as he slammed his fist on the table. Ei still had a total of seven pieces on the board. "This isn't even fair," Kunikuzushi pouted more, crossing his arms across his chest. You clapped sarcastically. "Wow. You're so good. Chess is soooo fun,"

   Both Ei and Kunikuzushi ignored you. "Well then, Kunikuzushi, are we good again?" Ei asked, showing a light smile. "I guess we are, Ei," Kunikuzushi smiled back. "Woo problem solved!" You genuinely smiled. "Wait..Ei..I'm sorry, I don't want this to sound rude, but how did you get him to forgive you? You had done some very unforgivable things to him. Examples- wait never mind, it's pretty much only one thing and we all know what it is at this point. Though I'm completely glad you guys are good again," You asked. Ei smiled a small bit. "I explained why I did the things I did, and he surprisingly understood me, and forgave me. I'm still not happy with my decision of letting him go, but now we have our mother-son relationship back," Ei explained. "Ah, I see. Well then, I'm glad you guys are friends again!" Even Kunikuzushi smiled.

   You began to walk up to hug Ei, but before you could, Miko busted in. "Ei!" She yelled. She seemed panicked, which wasn't a normal sight. Miko was always very composed, she didn't ever seem upset in any way. "Miko? What's wrong?" Ei asked, beginning to grow worried. Miko sighed, her eyes focused, as she closed them before saying something. Opening her stern eyes once more, she began to speak.

   "Someone's trying to break into Tenshukaku,"

~~~💜~~~

New chapter #slay so yeah um here. More Scaramouche content 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Sorry for any typos and have an amazing rest of your day/night!!!! -minty