chapter twenty

"Signora, it's time to get what you deserve,"

3rd Person POV

Signora and Kunikuzushi had made eye contact for awhile. Ei had awoken after awhile. "Gah," she groaned. She looked up noticing you standing by her. "Ei!" You yelled, hugging her. She hugged back, as expected. You hand her the Gnosis. She smiled. "Thanks," You nodded. She noticed Signora and Kunikuzushi having a hardcore stare down. "What's going on?" She asked.

You sighed. "Long story short, Signora wants Kunikuzushi to come with her, he disobeyed, and he's about to fight her," Ei nodded in understandment. You two were having light chat as you heard screaming.

"Fucking leave me alone already! I never even liked you in the first place!" Kunikuzushi yelled. Ei walked over to the two. "You lay a finger on him and oh, I swear to god bitch, I will break every single one of your god damn fucking limbs, understand me?" Ei spat, grabbing Signora by the neck. "Woah there, Shogun. I think you forgot what I am capable of," Signora smiled insanely as Ei fell backwards. Red butterfly's flying towards her. Ei furrowed her eyebrows as she regained her footing.

"I don't care if you hurt me. But if you lay a singular finger on Y/N or Kunikuzushi, I will tear you to fucking shreds. Do you understand me you motherfucking waste of life?" Ei threatened. You had seen Ei mad, but not this mad. Hatred burned in her eyes. A lot of hatred. Signora grinned at Ei, with a new appearance no one had seen.

"Embrace your searing reckoning!" She yelled as some sort of pyro attacks came at the trio. Ei, being as skilled as she is, blocked everythint without getting hit. Though, this caused Signora to get even more pissed. "Why you little asshole. You actually think you can defeat me? Haha! What a pathetic goal from someone like you," Signora laughed. "Mmm?" Ei stared at Signora. "Do you think you're better than me? Honey please, I could easily kill your ass with one slash of my blade," Ei smirked. You looked at Kunikuzushi, whom looked at you. "Psst. Do you think they're gonna get into a fight and like...is someone gonna die..?" He whispered into your ear. Your lips were originally sealed, but you decided to whisper back to him. "I'm not even sure what's going on," You sighed.

You and Kunikuzushi decided to back up a bit, looking at each other. "I don't know, I'm personally cheering on Ei," Kunikuzushi spoke, giving a bittersweet smile. "Why was your smile so bittersweet dude?" You asked. "Huh? Was it?" He said, showing an emotional frown. "Never mind," You shook your head. Suddenly, out of the corner of your eye, you saw a purple flash. "What was that?" You whisper yelled. "What?!" Kunikuzushi gasped.

And to not to your surprise, Signora had attacked Ei. Ei whom lay on the ground, panting. You looked at Kunikuzushi, eyes widened. He stared at the scene. Just stared. No words. No words came from his mouth. He never truly wanted death for anyone. Perhaps it was just a feeling he craved as some sort of revenge back then. But now. Now he never wanted anyone to die. Sure he wanted those who were deserving of punishment get it. But, Signora. He hated her guts. She was nothing but a nuisance to him. Kunikuzushi had forgiven Ei. Again, sure he hated her for a long period of time. But she was forgiven. He forgave her. They got along fine again. Just like old times. Was Ei about to die right here? He couldn't allow that. He wouldn't allow that.

Back when Kunikuzushi lived in Inazuma, Ei was the kindest person to him. Not many other people liked him, but Ei always made sure he was treated properly. He sighed shakily. "Signora..what makes you think you're even capable to do this, hm? What makes you think you can actually defeat Ei? Out of all of us, you're clearly the most pathetic one!" Kunikuzushi yelled, he got louder with every word. Your eyes widened at this. Kunikuzushi yelled at Signora. He yelled at her. "Kunikuzushi..that wasn't smart!" You whispered to him. He ignored you, walking closer to Signora. You followed short behind him. "Kunikuzushi what are you doing?!" You whisper yelled at him. "Kunikuzushi!" You yelled as he continued to walk closer to Signora.

"I'm sorry Signora, but I cannot allow you to hurt Ei. After all I've been through, I decided to forgive her. I can't lose my bond with her again," He stated simply and of course, with an extremely bitter tone. "Well well well, your bravery sure has improved. I will kill Ei. I will get her Gnosis. And you? Haha! You of all people think about stopping me? That's pathetic, buddy," Signora laughed.

Ei stared at him, with her weakened body. One more strike and she was done for. You knew that. You weren't sure what to do. You were drowning in thoughts. If only you didn't come to Inazuma. If you didn't come here, none of this would've happened. None of it! Everything would have gone smoothly. You hadn't even been looking for your parents. Your parents... They were the only reason you were here in the first place and you haven't even made an attempt about looking for them. You started crying. What else could you have done? You weren't strong enough to face Signora. No way in hell. But you thought about it. Maybe if she was distracted you could stop her. But you didn't want to get involved with another murder.

Your eyes stared at Signora. You had never held so much hatred. She was ruining a life you had wished for. Friends. A true love. The only thing you didn't have was your family. But maybe you could find them. Maybe you could!

But, Ei. Ei loved you. You loved her. Was it possible for you to let her go like this? It wasn't. You couldn't lie about it. It was impossible. Your light and quiet sobs went unheard. Just as you wanted it to be. You didn't know what to do. All you heard was arguing. You knew who it was between. You didn't even bother to listen in. Nothing mattered. You could lose Ei right now, and you couldn't do anything about it. You can't heal her. What can you really do? Nothing. You couldn't even control your Vision.

Though, there was one final thing you witnessed. Something you expected but didn't at the same time. Something that would scar you. Something...? Something... Something. Something you could stop if you tried hard enough. That something was something you didn't want to admit witnessing. The thing you saw replaying in your head.

Kunikuzushi got thrown to the floor, unconscious.

~~~💜~~~

Hi

Sorry for any typos

Have a good day/night and stay hydrated!!!

-minty