chapter twenty three

"It's because I refuse to address someone who ruined Inazuma by their name."

3rd Person POV

   Ei had wandered around furious, not having much luck finding anyone important. A few soldiers here and there but that wasn't much.

   Ei stumbled upon a unique door. She was able to open it. Perhaps whomever was behind the door forgot to lock it. What a smart person! Though, it was a staircase leading downstairs. Ei heard commotion coming from this direction, so she assumed someone of importance was down here. And not much to her surprise, she was correct.

   "Aha. So this is where you hid my beloved, hm?" Ei spat, lunging at Kokomi. "Huh-?!" Kokomi turned around, gasping as Ei grabbed her throat. "Oh you're lucky she's not dead- oh my god! Y/N, what did this monster do to you?!" Ei yelled, dropping Kokomi on the ground before running towards you.

   You were bloody and bruised. "Eh. Not much." You shrugged your shoulders. "Got beat up a few times but that's about it." Ei's hands clenched into fists as she turned around, an insane look in her eyes. "Hah...hah..." Ei muttered. "Ei..? Are you alright?" You asked. Ei harshly grabbed Kokomi by the throat, choking her. "Nnnhh-" Kokomi gasped for air. Ei choked her harder.

   "Ahahahaha! You thought you harming my precious Y/N would go unnoticed to me?! Hm?! Did you?! Oh..well I have plans for you, Sangonomiya Kokomi~" Ei laughed. "I-I...ugh.." Kokomi choked out. Ei tightened her grip around the girl's neck, digging her nails into the frail skin of Kokomi's neck. Blood dropped onto Ei's nails, which only caused her to go deeper. Kokomi winced in pain. Ei giggled at Kokomi's despair.

   Kokomi grew unconscious. "Pathetic little fishy bitch." Ei mumbled before smacking her onto the ground. "I don't have time to kill you just yet." Ei spat, glaring at Kokomi's body that lay on the cold floor. Ei spat on her before grabbing you.

   Ei seemed a bit off to you, she was biting her lip, clearly holding back something. Though it was quite dark with the dim light of a candle being the only light source in the room, you could see an amorous blush on Ei's face. She stared at you as she held you in her arms. She giggled and happily walked out of the room, carrying you bridal style.

   Though, Miko was unsure of the whole situation. Kunikuzushi refused to tell her anything. "Come on now, just tell me what happened. Ei and Y/N are gone, there's items shattered. You must know something." Miko said, sighing, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why should I tell you anything." Kunikuzushi spat. "Feisty, aren't we? Look. I don't care what your plans are, Balladeer, but all I can say is if you get in the way, I'm sure that Ei won't have any regrets-" "Shut up!" Kunikuzushi yelled, standing up and slamming his hands on the table. "I was talking." Miko glared, sighing. "I don't give two shits what you say. You're the reason Ei doesn't love me." He whispered. "You told her to get rid of me. That it would be the best if I was gone. Don't act all innocent." "You're jealous that Y/N gets to receive all the love that you never got, aren't you?" Miko asked, brushing some hair out of her face. "You'll never get to experience any sort of undying love from Ei due to Y/N being in her presence." Miko said, walking towards him. "Stop it." He whispered. "I'm not wrong, now am I?" Miko smiled bitterly, lifting his chin up.

   "Look at me and listen carefully." Miko spat. "She'll never love or appreciate you. She got rid of you for a reason. She plans to use you for her own gains." Miko explained, making eye contact with him. "You're lying...she..she seemed so sincere when she apologized!" "Why do think she was? Ei's apologies are rarely genuine." Miko said, she removed her hand away from Kunikuzushi. "Stop lying, Yae Miko." "Calling me by my full name, hm? Seems you no longer like me." Miko pouted. "You're the reason behind all of this. You're who made Ei so obsessed with this girl..what did you say to her!" Kunikuzushi yelled. 

   Miko giggled at this. "Aw don't be exposing my plans to the reader now, Balladeer. It isn't necessary." She fiddled with her fingers.

   "Now leave before I make up something to frame you. It wouldn't be that hard." Miko spat, turning her head evily at him, her eyes glowing with a villainous essence.  Kunikuzushi stared at her. "And how would you do that?" He asked, glaring daggers at her. Miko laughed. "All I have to say was you gave up Y/N's spot to that Sangonomiya girl. Ei would kill you in a heartbeat. Ah! The dread!" Miko mumbled the last bit, hugging herself tightly. "I could make such an interesting story out of this! Picture this: The Raiden Shogun; God of Eternity, brutally assassinates everyone dear to her! Except for one, the lucky girl from Liyue!" Miko said, fantasizing over her own ideas. "The plot could be of her murdering everyone! Just the way she had with everyone else! Yoimiya, The Kamisato's, Thoma. Everyone! Ahahahaha!"

   "Miko what the fuck is wrong with you." Kunikuzushi whispered. Miko stared at him insanely. "Nothing's wrong with me, it's more of a matter of, 'how dull are you, Kunikuzushi?'" Miko smiled. "You're...you're terrible..Miko.." He mumbled, walking backwards until he hit a wall. "Get away from me..!" He yelled, trying to run. Yet, Miko was one step and grabbed his wrists. "Get away!" Kunikuzushi cried, trying to get out of her grasp. Miko giggled. "Ah ah ah. Why would I do that, you pathetic puppet." She spat the last part out as if it were something offensive to say.

   Miko pulled out a knife and sliced a bit of Kunikuzushi's neck open. "What are you doing?!" He yelled, trying to get away. Miko laughed hysterically. "Maybe I could write a book about someone getting murdered in this exact way! Ahahaha! It'd be so popular!" Miko drooled. "You're crazy!" Kunikuzushi panicked. He grabbed the knife out of her hand.

   "G-get away..!" He said, gulping. "Ahahaha! You think you'll get away with harming me? In your dreams! Oh wait, do puppets even have dreams? I wouldn't know." Miko laughed. Kunikuzushi swallowed nervously. "Just give up." Miko yelled, running towards him. Kunikuzushi stabbed her out of self defense.

   A door was then heard opening. "Kunikuzushi?! What did you do to Miko?!"

~~~💜~~~

Oh my god I actually wrote and published a chapter

I've been busy with school and volleyball so I haven't had much time to write but I tried to make this chapter interesting 👍

Anyway yeah. I'm not sure how many more chapters there will be butttttt yeah

Also!!! Happy October!!! It's time for spooky season which I'm super excited for

Sorry for any typos and have a good day/night -minty

Remember to stay hydrated <3