Chapter thirty four

Aryan's P.O.V

It has been a week since I met Laila,I thought I must have finally gotten rid of her but it seems my problem just started,because I see her everywhere I go now,she's at my office,gaming center,gym and I even saw her in my house one evening when I went to turn on the generator after NEPA took light,she told me to just listen to her,that she wanted to see her child and she doesn't think Naya will agree to that,I told her to leave cause she made it clear she didn't want him and then she started her crocodile tears saying it was because she couldn't take care of him because she had no job or money to sustain them both,that was why she gave him up,I called her bull and asked her to go hustle,she left but not without trying to hug me,that irritated me.

Everything is getting to me,work,family and Laila the stalker but that's not the worst part,the worst part here is that,each time I tried bringing up this conversation to Naya,she cuts me off and tells me how we promised to move on from all the horrible things that had happened,there was a time she got so upset with me she gave me the silent treatment for two days and that hurts but the main hurt is that my wife,whom I am suppose to share everything with us not giving me a listening ear and that is creating a dent on my mental health.

I was still in my train of thought when Naya's call came through,speak about the devil and it appears.

"Hello,Assalam alaikum." I spoke into the phone but what I heard was a sob coming from my beautiful wife,what could have happened?.

"shhhh,shhhh,Naya calm down and tell me what happened,all is going to be fine ok?"
I..I w..walked little zee and Zaid to the park,remember I had asked this morning if I could go and you said yes? I went with them and I stopped for just a minute to get a drink and ....an..and before I turned,Zaid was gone."

"What?!!! What do you mean by he's gone?" I barked.

"I have checked everywhere in the park but came up with nothing,I can't find him and he was together with little zee."

I was so furious to the point I didn't hear my office door open,it was that witch...Laila and Nabil,I could see the accusations in his eyes but I shut him off and even Laila,right now what I need focus on is my son who was missing.

"Naya,you had one task,just one task and you couldn't do that too? How could you have let him go? Is it because he's not yours?" I spat

"No,not at all,I..I didn't just let him go aii,I just turned to get a drink and he wasn't there." She broke down even more.

"Look for him and better have him with you when I get there or else!" I heard her take a sharp breath and I hung up.

"Who is missing? Oh Allah! Don't tell me it's my baby boy." Laila started yelling.

"Whatever crap you both are here for I am not in for it,I have to go."

"I'm coming with you."

"Stay the hell away from me! "

"You never learn" Nabil said and left my office. I hissed and left too with Laila in front of me,swaying her hips my side,such cheap gestures.

I drove to the park almost as fast as flash would,when I got there,I looked around for a bit before I laid my eyes on her,she was cradling a baby to her chest and there were two strollers so I assumed he was found.

I walked closer and I heard her talking to him.

"Ammi is so sorry Habiby,I shouldn't have turned for even a second,I love you my boy,so so much,you gave me the biggest fright of my life today,say sorry to mama.....that's my good little baby,mama's got you,ok?" And she gave him a kiss.

How adorable.

"Naya,you found him!" I collected him from her and pecked him all over his face,she was quiet so I turned to her and saw her picking up little zee who was fussing,she rocked her and made her fall back to sleep by singing a lullaby to her

I kept waiting for my reply but got none.

"So what? You're not going to talk to me?"
She was still quiet,she put together all their stuff and collected Zaid from me and wheeled them both to the house,I tailed behind them and all I could do was stare at her.

She got into the house and put them both in their cribs,close the door and then came to me.

"That will be the last time you ever talk to me like that,ever!" And with that she took the baby monitor and went to her room,shutting the door in my face.

Have I crossed a line? What an idiot!

After what felt like an hour,she finally came out of her room and went straight to the kitchen to make dinner,with the ingredients she picked,I guess we are having rice and chicken soup for dinner.

I went to her and asked....
"Do you need any help? " no reply,I told her I was sorry but there was still no reply so I spun her around

"What is wrong with you? I apologized and you are still not talking to me,I should be the one mad at you for not listening to me for all those times I tried talking to you about Laila,she has been bugging me and you never cared,yet here you are fuming over what?"

"I pushed Laila's conversation each time she was the last thing I needed to be reminded of everyday and that's what you have been doing,hurting me and you dare compare that with what you did today? You disrespected me,that's not ok with me and didn't you have that kid with her? That only proves you can handle her,so deal with it and let me go! I have to cook, and I thought you promised never for this to happen,you abusing me with your fist or words? You did that today and God knows I won't stand for that shit,now get out of my kitchen!.

Here is another one,enjoy!!!
Ramadan Kareem in advance.