Emergency Food

Zhongli sighed a little while handling his reports. He couldn't stop thinking about today's small argument with the director. Xiao knocked the door and walked in while bringing a cup of red liquid.

"Sir, your meal," he said. Zhongli lifted his head and smiled.

"Thank you, Xiao. Ah, different blood again?"

"The one Venti gave just disappeared from the warehouse, so I hurriedly bought from the hospital," Xiao flustered.

"...is that so?" he murmured. He took the cup and sipped it. His brows frowned.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Nah, I just... doesn't like the taste," he said calmly.

"My apologies, Master. Let me replace it with the new..."

"No, it's okay. I need to bear it," he said. "Where is Hu Tao?"

"She's out with the ferry lady, Master."

"Great," he replied and took the blood in one gulp. He licked his lips and washed the cup.

"I can wash it for you, Master."

"I just can't let anyone see this, Xiao. Even though people accept us as what we are, still the contra one still exist," Zhongli answered while handling the cup. Xiao nodded and walked out, while Zhongli took a mint candy to cover the stench of blood in his mouth.

Knock knock.

"Come in," Zhongli replied. A lady with white hair and golden hairpin came and smiled.

"Good morning, Mr. Manager. Are you busy today?"

"Ah, Lady Ningguang. Right now I'm occupied with the documents from Mrs. Hu Tao so I guess I couldn't accompany you today."

Ningguang freely sat on the sofa and turned on her smoke. The manager frowned.

"Lady, I suggest you to refrain smoking in my room," he warned.

"Oh, Zhongli. As strict as usual, no wonder your ex left you," Ningguang mocked.

"My ex is not the matters here, so please tell me your wish," Zhongli replied.

"Oh, dear did I hit the nail?"

"Nope, you missed it. One last chance, Lady Ningguang, or else I'll ask Xiao to show you the way out."

"Tch, what a stone head. Fine, I want you to accompany me for a charity party tonight," she explained.

"I'm pretty sure a lot of gentlemen will accompany you, so why you choose me?" Zhongli replied while sitting across her.

"Since you're handsome," she smiled. He let a chuckle from his lips.

"Nice one, but that's not enough to enlighten me."

"...a million mora will do?"

"Deal. I'll see you tonight," he replied fast. Ningguang laughed hardly and pat his shoulder.

"To be honest, I want to make the entire Liyue jealous on me. You're the most handsome here, except for that Fatui boy," she leaned seductively.

"He's our guest and I admit he's handsome, well maybe suits for you than me," he held her and carefully pushed her away.

"Nah, I don't want a young boy to be my escort. Anyway, see you tonight," she said, then walking out of his office. Zhongli let a smile and pulled out a syringe filled with blood.

"Not bad. She has the better quality than the breakfast."

###

"...hah, I don't want to join the charity party," he murmured.