Doubt

The space is dark and cold. No one around except for a ginger man. He looked around.

"Where am I?" he asked. No one answered him, only silent stayed eternal. He looked down and found he was standing on water. He could see his painful expression.

"...what happened to me?" he asked again. He slowly started walking aimlessly, then looked back. There was no one. He continued his trip and stood before a young narwhal.

"Fat fish?" he said. The narwhal stabbed him with his tusk. "Ouch!"

"Who did you call fat, dummy!? I am a narwhal!" he complaint.

"A narwhal? What are you doing here?" Childe asked.

"It's my territory, dumb boy. You're the one who disturbing this place," he replied.

"Where am I?"

"Under consciousness. I'm your best partner here."

"What happened to me?"

"You love asking, huh? I'm not sure, but you were fainted because of the arrow," he replied. Childe sealed his lips.

"...am I dead?"

"Unfortunately, no," he sighed.

"Is it just my imagination or you hate me because I'm not dead?" Childe growled.

"Well it's just your imagination, bruh. Go back to reality, he's waiting for you," the narwhal shooed him.

"He?"

"Zhongli Xiansheng, duh! Go over there," he said while pointing a door.

"...I don't want to go."

"Why?"

"It's hard to see him," he said.

"What's your problem?"

"I'm afraid to hear their relationship," he said. The narwhal sighed hard.

"Duh, what is their relationship is not your business. Did you forget your mission as a hunter?" he reminded. Childe realized, he couldn't focus on his mission because of a man he met not long ago.

"...stupid Ajax. I...since when I changed?" he murmured.

###

"Why is he not awake?" Zhongli asked to Guizhong. The lady confused and scared.

"I'm sorry, Zhongli. I don't even know the problem. The arrow itself is not contained any poisons, maybe he's too tired after fighting a lord," Guizhong gave her best to explain the mad lord before her. Zhongli gripped his hand too hard till bleeding.

"Zhongli, your hand."

"Don't worry about me and thank you, Guizhong. I'm sorry for troubling you."

"It's fine. He will wake up soon, make sure to stay with him," she said. After she left, Zhongli wiped his hand and sat near Childe.

"...it felt uneasy to see you like this. Please, open your eyes," he murmured. "I will do anything you wish, just please wake up."

He held his cold hand and kissed the back. His mind messed up. He used to be left because of death, but it's the first time he felt uneasy because of unconscious Childe.

"Childe," he called softly. He caressed the hand to share the warmth, but it was useless. Zhongli stroke his cheek and whispered in his ear.

"Ajax."

"...I heard someone...called me," Childe said.

"Of course, he's calling you! Hurry up and leave! I don't want to see you!"

"That's rude. Didn't you say you're my partner?"

"Only here, idiot. But please refrain from coming here, you'll only shorten your own age."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, time's up. Bye bye!" he shooed him by pushing him out of the door. He regained consciousness and jumped in shock.

"Childe!"

"Hah...hah...hah... Xiansheng?" he called. Zhongli nodded and patted him.

"Did something happen?" he asked. A hint of worry could hear from his words. Childe shook his head.

"It's nothing. How long did I pass out?"

"...three days."

"...say what?"

"Three days," he said. Childe hurriedly checked his phone and saw the different date shown on the screen.

"What happened to me?"

"I don't know. Guizhong said there is nothing wrong with you," Zhongli replied. Childe suddenly turned gloom.

"Guizhong? You asked her to check me?"

"She's a best doctor I could reach in emergency," Zhongli said. Childe sighed and nodded.

"Alright, that's okay. Hey, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"What's your relationship with her?"

"She's my friend, Childe."

"... alright, you said it before. Next, how did you know I was at the flying island? And how did you get there?"

"I saw Dvalin, Venti's pet flying around the Liyue. Since it's rare to see him, I asked Raiden to help me to get there. It was a coincidence to see you there."

"Coincidence, huh? Interesting," Childe murmured. He looked down at his ribs and found no new scar on it. "Is it also her work?"

"Yes."

"Tell me, Xiansheng. What am I to you?" he asked. Zhongli frowned his brows.

"You are my business partner.

"That's all?" Childe asked.

"Childe, what's wrong? Did I offend you?"

Childe bit his lip and kissed him passionately. Zhongli shocked, but he followed his tempo and hug his waist. Childe bit his lower lip and licked the blood.

"Pleh! Bitter!" he yelled. Zhongli wiped his lip. "Why is your blood bitter?"

"I have my own reason, Childe."

"Why you hiding it? Is it something I can't comprehend?" Childe asked while rubbing his lower body.

"Childe?"

"Tell me, Zhongli. How did you find me? And you...called me Ajax, right? Where did you heard it?"

"I will, I will. But please stop rubbing me," Zhongli gave up. Childe licked his lips like a naughty whore.

"Good boy. Now tell me before I slice your throat."

"I sensed Venti's power, also yours. About your name, remember Teucer was tagging along with me? He mentioned another name I've never heard. You satisfied?"

"Hmm, how you sensed it? You're human, right?" Childe asked. Zhongli looked away. "Xiansheng?"

"What do you think?" he asked back. Childe lowered his eyes.

"Don't try to rebound my question, Xiansheng. Are you a human or not?"

"Alright, I guess avoiding you won't help me," Zhongli said. He showed his fangs with stern face.

"...a vampire?"

"Yeah," Zhongli said. Childe kissed his forehead and nuzzled.

"Ehehehe cute~ ah~" he moaned as Zhongli's hands laid on his butt cheeks. "Hey!"

"You started it. I want to repay what you gave to me, my dear," he teased.