Precious Blood

"He's not home?" Zhongli asked after the second child served him a cup of tea.

"Yeah, nii-san said he had a business matter with his boss, so he couldn't make it," Tonia replied. "I'm sorry for making you waiting here."

"I should be the one who apologize, young girl. Thank you for your hospitality," he chuckled and sipped the tea in peace, but his mind messed up. He stood and patted Tonia's head.

"See you again," he said. Before he left, Teucer held his hand.

"Mister, wait!"

"Hm? Ah, it's you," he replied.

"Please give this to my brother," he said while handing a candy, "and this one is for you."

"My, thank you Teucer. I like candy," he lied. Teucer smiled.

"Bring my nii-chan back, will you?"

"I'll do my best," he said. When he walked out, his eyes glowed brightly. His breathing became unsteady.

"Hft, almost," he murmured. He tried to hide his fangs, but it was hopeless. He wore a mask as the best choice and looked up.

"Now where I should find him?"

###

"...welcome, boy. I didn't think you will visit me soon," Venti shocked after found the ginger man standing before him with dead eyes.

"Sorry for a sudden visit. Help me," he said. He noticed his eyes changed again to purple, so he pulled him to his room and patted his head.

"Now take a few breaths to relax," he commanded. He did what he said and slowly his eyes turned back. Venti grabbed some cans of cola and offered him.

"What happened? Trying to escape from a monster? Ahahaha!" he joked. Childe only remained silent, so Venti closed his mouth and looked away.

"Uhh, you know it's hard to trick that old man, right?"

"You can do it, right?" Childe provoked. Venti sighed hard.

"Listen, boy. Even if I can do it, he will find you easily because the blood you gave to him enough to track you. Well, lucky he didn't mark you," Venti replied. Childe looked up in curious.

"Mark...me?"

"Ah, guess you don't know anything about marking in vampire clan. He will put a mark on your body to claim you as his belonging by biting you and a symbol of him will appear," Venti explained. Childe nodded.

"Now how to hide...damn, he's here!" Venti yelled. "Quick, hide in that closet and put on my clothes to cover your scent! Hurry!"

Childe dashed to the closet and put all of his clothes to cover himself. He could hear the door creaked and Zhongli walked in with polearm on his hand.

"Hello, old man. Need something?" he asked in calm composure. Zhongli looked around and frowned.

"Where is Childe?" he asked.

"Why asked me? You think he came here? Or your delusion led you to search him here?" Venti replied. Zhongli growled and pointed his polearm with a death glare.

"I won't repeat my question, Barbatos."

"Then you can destroy this place if you want, but I'll send a complaint to Liyue," he said. Zhongli stayed in same stance for a while, then drew back his weapon. Before he turned his back, Venti mocked him.

"Can't you stop chasing that poor boy? You only hurt him, you know?"

Zhongli threw his polearm and scratched his face again, but Venti remained calm.

"He's mine."

"You didn't mark him, so he's free to choose his own partner. Give up, Morax. Don't drag him into despair just to satisfy yourself," Venti said. Zhongli growled again, but he stayed. "Oh, I guess you only want his blood, right? He's a special, to be honest."

'Me? Special? What is he talking about?' Childe thought.

"Don't try to lay a finger on him, Barbatos."

"Should I call Guizhong that you're here to search him?" Venti threatened. Zhongli glared for a while, then walked out of the room. Venti pulled his polearm and threw it out.

"Damn, he's scary," he whined while wiping the blood. "Bet he tried hard not to hit bullseye."

Slowly Childe crawled out with clothes shading him and looked up.

"You okay?"

"Guess yeah, I am. Damn, you better not reaching him out now. He lost control again," Venti said.

"Because lack of blood?"

"I'm afraid it's because he's addicted to yours, boy."

"Is it possible?" Childe sat on the couch.

"Huft, I should realize it soon but oh well, that's okay. You once fell into abyss, right?"

"How did you know?"

"Because no one can survives when you fall into the abyss, but you're the exception. You survived, even you killed the abyss inhabitants and received something more than scars," Venti said with serious mode. "Your blood mixed with their blood, Childe."

"Is it that tasty?" Childe confused.

"It's like an aged wine. The best of the best," Venti replied. "Seeing Morax...I mean, Zhongli infatuated with your blood proved my wild guess. Amazing, even an archon drunk from a drop of your blood."

"...what will happen if he doesn't drink my blood?" Childe asked.

"You can see it, right? Even he sucks a lot of blood, he can't satisfy his hunger," Venti replied. "Bet he's desperate enough to find you."

Childe looked down while thinking deeply. Venti sensed it and smiled.

"He will be fine, rest assure. Even if he lost control, he still be able to stop himself from hurting humans."

"What if he can't?"

"...then Liyue will restrain him," Venti said calmly. Childe stood and left hurriedly. "Childe?! Wait, aren't you trying to stay away from him?"

"I can't let him hurt people," he replied while tossing his clothes. Suddenly he stopped when he saw Zhongli stood not far from him with creepy smile.

"Yikes! He's still here?!"

"So you lied to me, Barbatos? I'll deal with you later, now I find what I desire," he said. He jumped and embraced the ginger man with gentle move.

"I found you, Childe."

"Stop hugging me, Xiansheng. I'm not your lover, so focus on your business and done."