Dead Emotion

Zhongli stopped his path right before the waterfall and looked up. His eyes showed despair, his hope slowly eroded.

"Ajax, where are you?" he whispered. The rain pouring hard, thunder kept clapping to scare the world. He lost the chance to embrace him. He already knew, Childe won't stay forever to hear his answer. He hurt him deeper than he thought. He punched a rock wall and destroyed it.

"Damn it. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

"Zhongli! There you are!" someone called. He turned himself and saw Guizhong ran toward him with umbrella shading her from the rain.

"What are you doing here, Guizhong? How did you find me?" he asked.

"A nymph told me you're here with...that boy. Wait, where is he?"

"I don't know. He left me alone in the hut," he replied. Guizhong held his hand.

"Let's go home, you're soaked," she said gently. Zhongli hesitated for a while. "I'll ask the nymphs to find him to make you feel better."

"...I should find him by myself," he said while letting her go.

"Then what? What are you doing if he rejects you?" Guizhong asked. Zhongli stared at her.

"He's a human, I can't let him alone..."

"He can take care of himself, Morax. Stop pampering him and look at yourself! You look terrible!"

Zhongli bit his lower lip and looked up, then sighed a little before patted her cheek.

"A sturdy yet stupid woman, aren't you?"

"Because I care about you, Morax," she said, slowly held his hand with gentle eyes. Zhongli smiled a little.

"Let's go home, then," he finally gave up. "I can't let you go alone in this place."

"Sure, come on," she said while leading him to leave the forest. They didn't know a black figure standing right on the top of the waterfall with bitter smile.

"It's over, Xiansheng. You finally give me the answer, the best answer."

###

"So...you decided to date Guizhong again?" Venti asked.

"Maybe that's the best answer now," he replied while sipping the blood he brought from Mondstadt. Venti let a disappointed sigh.

"Oh well, that's great."

Zhongli looked at him and sighed. He knew he wanted to say more, but decided to stop for his own lives. He put down the cup.

"You can complaint if you want," he said. Venti shook his head.

"Nah, I don't want to destroy your happiness. Whatever you choose, maybe that's the best for you," he replied. "Welp, I should go back to Mondstadt again."

"...did I make the best choice?" he asked.

"Why asked me? Ask yourself, you dense old man. Bye," he said. He walked out and slammed the door a bit hard. Zhongli looked down and sighed.

"Did I make the best choice?" he repeated. His eyes slowly lost his spirit along with his appetite.

Knock knock.

"Sir, Ms. Signora wished to meet you," Xiao said.

"Let her in," he replied. Signora walked in and smiled.

"Hello, Mr. Zhongli. Here is the proposal you wished to sign," she said calmly. Zhongli checked all the proposal and nodded, then signed it.

"How's Tsaritsa?"

"She's still busy with her works, but perfectly fine," she answered.

"Then how about Childe?" he asked again. A silent filled for a while.

"Still not come back," she replied shortly. "We finished our business here, so I will bid a goodbye."

"Yeah, the business went smoothly than I thought. Thank you," he said with his usual smile. Signora smiled.

"Now we can focus on taking your gnosis now," she said. Zhongli chuckled.

"Is it possible for you?"

"I'm afraid it's not possible, even for Tsaritsa herself. However, it's just a matter of time to take it from you, Morax," she replied. She took the proposal and left. Zhongli closed his eyes and gripped his hand a bit tight.

"Master?" Xiao called.

"...get me a dozen of blood packs. I'm hungry," he said. His unquenchable thirst slowly drove him to the madness. Xiao hurriedly gave all the blood packs from his bag and watched the lord sloshed them.

"...still not enough," he whispered.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Leave me alone, Xiao. I need...to go," he replied while walking out. Xiao following him with distress.

"Master, you can't go. Lady Guizhong will be upset."

"She will be fine. Please take care of her for a while," he said. He called a taxi and jumped in.

"To the airport."

###

Childe dragged his luggage lazily when he just landed. The thick snow and cold thin air greeted him.

"Ah, finally back to Snezhnaya. Damn, I can't find that son of bitch, now I have to deal with Her Highness. Will she cast me out?"

He stopped murmuring when saw his siblings ran toward him with big smiles. He spread his arms widely.

"Tonia! Anton! Teucer!" he called. They jumped on him and hugged as tight as they could.

"Nii-chan!"

"Ahahaha! I miss you all," he said while nuzzling on their necks. They laughed together and kissed his cheek. "Come on, let's go home and eat some borscht."

"Nii-chan, don't leave me again okay?" Teucer begged. Childe stunned and patted him.

"I will try, Teucer. My works need me to go abroad," he replied.

"Nii-san, someone is waiting for you at home. He said he's your colleague," Tonia said. Childe tilted his head.

"Who?"

"A slender tall man with amber eyes," she described. Childe frozen a little, his eyes turned purple.

"Ah, him. Sorry, guys. Guess I can't go home today. I have works to do," he said.

"Eh?! Suddenly?" Anton cried.

"I just remembered my boss asked me to see her after landing, so please take my belongings back okay? Oh, please pass my regards for the guest and tell him I can't meet him," Childe said while giving all his belongings and some mora for them.

"Seriously?" Tonia replied. Childe didn't reply, but waved his hand to call a taxi.

"Now now, get in and go home. You can't let the guest waiting too long, kids. See ya," he said. After the taxi left, he hurriedly walked back to the airport and bought a ticket.