23

7 years later->

The sun spilled through the crack in the black curtains, creating a strip of light right across her face. She looked peaceful... she didn't sound peaceful. Random words and phrases slipped out of her mouth, a few groans here and there. When we first started sharing a bed, her sleep talking was kept to a minimum. however, over the years, she's become more vocal. I didn't mind, it was nothing more than a slight annoyance... just one of her quirks.

"Fucking shit..." She muttered, throwing her head to the side. She was lying on her back, her short hair messy and half in her face. One arm was stuck beneath my neck, curling around so her hand was on my arm. I gently took my freehand and tilted her head, so she was looking at me again.

Hey eyes were screwed shut; her mouth was pulled into a frown. I smiled as I ran my fingers over the lines on her face. "You make me feel old when you do that." She mumbled after a few minutes of me touching her. I laughed.

"You are old Mags." She grumbled and turned her head away from me.

"Leave me alone, I just woke up." She threw her free arm over her eyes. "Fucking sun."

"Am I hurting your arm?" I asked, trying to move my head so she could free it. She sighed.

"You're alright, I can't feel it but its alright." I chuckled. I sat up, leaning over her body to pull open the curtains. "You do that, and I swear to god."

"Its your birthday Mags, you have to wake up. Walters taking you out today." She groaned again.

"Let me have a lie in for gods sake." She let out a fake cry before trying to pull me back down. I smiled, allowing her to put me back in my original position.

"Don't you wanna see what I got you?" I asked her, turning my body so I was on my side facing her.

"Unless it's you naked then, not really."

"You are terrible in the morning."

"Can you blame me? I've been chasing around morons all week. This is the only time I get to pretend that they're competent." I put my hand on her cheek and kissed her lips. She grumbled.

"You cannot be pleased." I laughed before throwing my legs over the side of our shabby bed and standing up. I walked over to the foot of the bed, leaning forward, and pulling open the left curtain. She cursed at me, rolling onto her stomach, and burying her face in my pillow. The metal frame dug into my thighs as I pathetically tried to reach the right one. She let out a muffled laugh. "This room is so stupid, why did we decide to do this?"

After Don left Salvo, his small house was left unoccupied. Due to Maggie stepping up and becoming leader of the Hawks, she fell in possession of his home. Johnny and I moved in a few weeks after she had already brought in all of her and Walter's stuff. Her bedroom was my least favourite room.

Her double bed was shoved into the corner, due to the size of the room, the window was directly above our bed. There was only about 8 inches worth of room from the foot of the bed to the white wall. She had a closet which was an absolute mess when I first arrived... it still was but only her half. I always offered to sort it out, but she said it was 'organised chaos'. There was a chest of drawers shoved next to the door, which was filled to the brim with underwear, perfumes, soap; anything really. There was a single bedside table which she told me, was mine. However, that didn't stop her from shoving all our... private things in there. I told her they go in a box under the bed in case someone went snooping. She just laughed and asked me 'who would be stupid enough to look for anything in a bedside drawer...' Walter... Walter would. That was a mortifying moment. I couldn't look him in the eye for a good few days.