32

25 years later

"Ok, please send the Gridiron and Salvo team out to check the source codes, they're passed due another check-up." I said, holding the phone against my ear. I heard nodding down the line as I scanned through the report that was sent to me a few minutes ago from Silva. The recent outbreak on Noxus meant I had to dig a little deeper into my wallet to be able to afford the medicine, Silva was making sure I was aware of this.

"(y/n), your visitor is here to see you." I glanced up from the tablet, holding the phone away from my ear. Some time down the line, I caved in and hired two assistants. One who I always keep with me, Lily, and another who I keep at Noxus, Adrian.

Adrian was a nice man, docile; good at keeping me calm. He deals with the Noxian council most of the time. I've even sent him to a few events in my place with some bullshit excuse like 'Oh shes sick' or 'Oh, Johnny flared up again'. Adrian was a very good liar; this was valuable to me. He wasn't ugly but he wasn't beautiful either. He was pale with sunken in, dark eyes. He slouched a lot of the time and kept his head down. Your eyes would be drawn to him for only a second before you write him off as nothing more than a small sickly man. But he was so much more than that.

Lily on the other hand, was outgoing, bubbly. When I would occasionally attend events, Lily would be right beside me. I would dress her up to keep people's eyes off me. Her skin was warm and dark, her eyes were a deep shade of green. They were wide, upturned slightly. Her nose was flat and always had a spot of highlighter at the tip. Her face was round, framed by a few loose curls. Currently, she had her hair in a loose bun on the top of her head. Probably because we were in Salvo, and she didn't have time to re-do her braids.

"Send em' in but wait a second." I smiled at her as she disappeared behind the door. "I'll call you back later Adrian, ok?"

"Ah, your super-secret business on Salvo." I smiled. "You're coming home straight after though, right? I could only hold those animals off for so long." I could hear his frantic typing down the phone.

"Yes Adrian, I promise, straight home. Salvo's a syndicate planet now, travels easier; we've talked about this! Thank you for holding off the Noxians by the way, they're becoming a nightmare." I groaned, he chuckled. "Bye Adrian!" He mumbled a goodbye before ending the call. I placed my phone on the small table in the middle of the room.

This was the building that a lot of the Salvonian meetings occur in. The new warlord is decided here, and they meet with a few members of the syndicate. I never come down here. The room was small by a lot of people's standards. Just a round table in the middle with great big windows opposing the door. A few bookshelves littered the remaining bare walls with almost destroyed books on Salvo history... Those would likely be replaced or modified now that Salvo has joined the syndicate.

I paused in place as the door creaked open. I impulsively decided to come down here, though I did have a reason for this meeting. I kept my eyes on the ground as the footsteps approached me.

"(y/n)?" I felt an apprehensive hand on my forearm. I jumped forward, wrapping my arms around their shoulders.

"Walter." I softly said, melting into his embrace. He gave me a slight chuckle as he rubbed my back. He patted me and I pulled away from him though he kept his hands on my biceps.

"Oh my god (y/n)." He smiled at me, and I couldn't help but grin at him. "Where have you pissin' been woman! It's been... It's been god knows how long now! I can't believe you!" He rambled on like this for several minutes before I laughed.

"I've been... busy. But so have you! You're an official bone cage fighter! 21 wins in a row! Your insane!"

"Shh enough about me, lets talk about you. Oh my god." His eyes were so bright. He looked... different. His hair was shorter, greyer. He had more deep-set wrinkles in his tanned face. He was aged, scarred. He had lived a good life here.