Young Percy

I was walking home from my last day of 4th grade although I despise school it keeps me away from smelly Gabe. After a little I reach my mom's apartment, I walk the stairs as I want to take the longest route to smelly Gabe. Finally I arrive at my door I walk in and sadly Gabe's smelly ass is playing poker. I start to walk toward my room when Gabe says "Where do you think your going kid" sighing I say "To my room" thinking maybe he's in a good mood and will let me go. But nooooo he says "Come here little brat and give me the rest of your lunch money" His poker buddy then says "Come on Gabe leave the kid alone" but Gabe responds "No give it to me kid I know you got some left over." Grumbling I walk over and give him a couple bills.  As I'm about to walk away he hits me hard with his beer bottle, I yelp in pain as on my head I feel the blood trickling  down everywhere. I run to my room trying to stop crying. I remember whenever I've ever gotten hurt my mom tells me to drink some water and I always feel better after so I silently walk to the kitchen on my tippy toes and get a glass of water. I sprint back to my room and drink it, instantly I feel better and energized. That's when I decided that's it I'm done. I am leaving this place there's no point I thought remembering last week when my mom died in a car crash by a drunk driver. I quickly pack up my 3 favorite sea green tee shirts and a pair of shorts and some jeans. That's when I remember a couple years ago my mother gave me a pen she told me never to use unless a emergency, so I pack it. Sighing I open my window and get into the fire escape and climb down to the bottom. Not knowing where to go I walk randomly feeling like my guts telling me to go to California. I got some weird looks on the bus as I am a 8 year old alone. As I sit on the bus my ADHD mind going crazy thinking of all the places I could go in. California when I get there my hands slip into my pockets while I'm zoned out I suddenly zone back in because of touching the pen. I start to twirl it between my finger wondering what was so special about it. I decided I would find out once off the bus. Speaking of off the bus I realize the bus is pulling up to the train station my stop.  I then realize I literally have no money so I do the most logical thing to do and decide to sneak into a train. After sneaking into a cart of the train going to San Francisco I fall asleep.  I step out of the train when a man comes up to me and tell me I need to seek out the wolf house and gives me a general idea of where to find it. (I don't know how they find the wolf house so go along with it) feeling drawn to whatever the wolf house I stop at a cafe with some money I found in a wallet I found on the floor and then head to where I think the wolf house is. I then remember my pen and I bring it out and uncap it then instead of where my pen was a gleaming bronze sword with a Trident above the handle of it. As I stare at it in aw I hear loud grunts and leaves crumpling I something so weird looking like if a man and bull were brought together and has a kid. It starts coming at me, so me being the smart kid I am (not) I swing the sword and cut of 1 of it's horns. I start randomly slashing till I look for it and instead see a bunch of gold glitter on the ground. Feeling more awesome than any 8 year old ever I hear more leaves crunching instead of a bull-man I see a big wolf without evening thinking I say "HOLY NEPTUNE".

Hey y'all this is my first book I just want to say if your reading this for some reason thanks. I play for 3 sports teams so my updates might be everyday or every other day idk.