B2-15: You're Nowhere I Wanna Be

"Alone Again..."
~Max DeMarco

The storyline/timeline is going to be a bit wacky at times but this is how it's going to be so we can get some background info of what's happening in Mila's life!! Hope y'all enjoy!!

3rd Person's POV

"Oscorp Industries is proud to announce the world's first electromagnetic power grid. By converting aging power stations into a field of hydroelectric towers, we are generating clean, green, sustainable energy to power Manhattan, the five boroughs and eventually the world for generations to come."

"Dillon. You're late."

Max walks up to a man as he holds a set of blueprints in his arms and a briefcase in his free hand, "Doggone trains are so slow, sir."

"Don't you realize Oscorp is now responsible for the entire city's energy supply?"

"I-I do... I submitted a lot of designs for the power grid and they used a lot of them,
and I noticed that, and those power grids were designed by me."

The man freezes with a condescending smile, "You designed them? Sure you did.
And I'm Spider-Man."

Max gets angry and grabs the guys sweater, "You're no Spider-Man! He's a Leo, you're a Sagittarius! You besmirch him again, I'm gonna rip your well-groomed head off!"

Suddenly Max, shakes his head ridding himself of the quick daydream that just played. He wished he could not allow people to run him over, but he had no idea how to talk back in real life.

Instead of grabbing the man, Max stands frowning at him. The man nods his head towards Max as he stalks off angrily, "Now, get to work."

"What floor, please?" Kari the electronic voice of the building asks as Max steps into the elevator.

"Seventy-four."

"Thank you."

"Oh, hold that!" A voice calls out from outside the elevator as a pair of shoes get closer and closer to the closing doors.

"Can you hold that, please?!"

Max nods to himself then puts his hand out to stop the elevator doors from closing, "I got it."

"Thank you, you're a real gentleman." The girls says as she and her friend hurry into the elevator.

"Most people would have just let those close." Mila states as she pulls her bag up onto her shoulder.

"Well uh... Most people don't notice other people."

Mila scoffs with a light smile looking at Max, "Ain't that the truth."

"What floor, please?" Kari states robotically.

"Um, ahem... what is it?" She looks over at her friend.