6. Consider it Marked

Kie finally found Blair underneath a palm tree on a deserted spot of the beach. The girl had her head buried between her legs looking as if she were trying to hide from the world.

"B! There you are!" Kiara ran up to her cousin.

"Kie be careful please." Blair kept her distance. "You remember what I told you about the full moon's effect right?"

Kiara nodded. "I don't remember you saying anything about it making you so hot. Literally"

"I don't know. I just know I need to stay away from everyone. I just want this night to be over." Blair hugged her knees again feeling the stress make her even more hot.

"I'll tell the guys you're sick or something you don't have to worry about that right now, just please stay safe." Kie bent down to her cousin feeling the heat even from afar.

"Thank you Kie, now please go it's the safest for you to be far away from me right now." Blair stood up and ran towards the water hoping it would cool her down. Both literally and figuratively.

Kie watched the girl dive into the blue sea. With that she was gone. Probably miles away with how fast her cousin told her she could swim.

Blair raced through the open water desperately trying to find a safe place for herself

Blair raced through the open water desperately trying to find a safe place for herself. The feeling of the cool saltwater did not last long as she now felt as if she were causing the water to boil from the heat she carried with her.

She came across a cove surrounded by large rocks and decided to stay there for the night hoping it was safe enough.

~

It was now the following morning

It was now the following morning. After a long night of hiding herself away and stopping at home once the moon was long gone, Blair made her way to The Château. She was afraid of what her friends might ask or say but she needed to act as normal as possible.

Before she approached the Château she heard footsteps running her way. "Blair there you are! I've been worried like crazy." Kie ran to her cousin and hugged her right. Blair hugged her back feeling glad to be back from her long restless night.

"Tell me everything. And I've got a lot to update you on too." Kie said as she pulled her aside. They at looking out into the ocean and spoke to one another.

~

"Topper did what to John B?!" Blair was infuriated. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. How could she have missed so much in just one night?

"Don't even get me started on JJ. I knew we should've took that gun away from him. He did save John B though so" Kie trailed off.

Blair didn't know what to think. She wished she was there. But she couldn't have been it would have only made things worse. She was in no place to control her anger last night.

After talking a bit more with Kie, Blair headed over to find John B.

She felt happiness wash over her when she opened the door to reveal him. He was cleaning up when he saw her by the door smiling, and smiled back almost running to her.

"Hey" he quickly approached the girl.

"How are you feeling? Kie told me everything"She asked him when he got closer. Worry in her eyes.

"I'm fine, don't even worry about it. What about you? I've been so worried about you. What happened?" John B searched the girls eyes for an answer.

Blair couldn't find words but had and impulse and hugged him, she needed to do it. She barely slept that night thinking about him and everything.

"I'm so sorry John B. I should've been there." she sighed

"Hey B, it's okay. I'm fine... We're fine. Right?" He said pulling away to look at her again.

John B knew something was off with Blair but he didn't pry. He just wanted to be there for her.

She nodded.

"Hey I want you to have this?" John B said pulling off his bandana and tying it around Blair's neck.

"Your bandana?"

"Looks way better on you than it does me" John B smiled at the girl. He knew even a small gesture like this would make her happy. This is what Blair wanted, moments like this. Just the two of them. But Blair's secret always got the best of her.

"What do you think the guys'll say when they see me wearing this? Like I'm your territory now or something" Blair laughed adjusting the bandana.

"Maybe you are.. maybe that was my way of doing it?" John B smirked.

"Hmm guess it's been marked." Blair spoke as she placed her hand on his bare chest.

They were inches apart now. So close they could feel each other's breaths. They didn't speak. Her eyes wandered up to his as she placed her other hand on his chest. His hands found their way to her waist. Blair found her self lost in his hazel eyes right before glancing at his lips.

'Knock knock'

The both of them practically jumped apart.

Sheriff Peterkin's voice spoke "Sorry to break in like this but DCS called, they wanted me to check on you" she said and looked at Blair "Do you mind, miss Hartley?" Sheriff asked her

"I'll be outside" Blair said stepping out of the house and waiting at John B's porch.

~

The Pogues stood on John B's porch.

"Look, I'm calling it off all right?" John b announced standing next to Blair "Peterkin said if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS"

"And you believed her?" JJ asked him

"Yes, I believe her JJ" John B told his best friend

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop" JJ scoffed.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a bit and she'll help me out. It doesn't help your ass was the one putting a gun to Topper's head" John B said looking straight at JJ

"You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass" JJ said and in that moment  Blair's blood started to boil again. But she controlled it this time.

The group kept talking about what they should do and finally agreed on stealing the Cameron's scuba gear to investigate the sunken boat.

~