11. Secrets & Lies

Blair jogged along the side of the road and made her way back to her place hoping John B might still be asleep. So many thoughts had been going through her head as she couldn't believe what had happened this morning.

She carefully climbed through her window and gently tossed her bag aside. Her attention turned to an empty bed and a folded blanket.

Blair sighed, meaning John B had already made his way back to the Chateau. She had hoped to have a little more time with him. She felt her sheer curtains brush up against her arm as the morning breeze swept in.

"You left me?" a husky voice came from behind Blair causing her to jump. She brought her hand to her chest, sighing in relief. She turned to face John B who was leaned up against her bedroom wall beside her window.

"John B you scared me!" Blair walked over to her bed and sat down.

"Sorry, I woke up and you were gone. I didn't know if I should just go or wait for you and waiting didn't take as long as I thought." John B explained.

Blair nodded as John B sat next to her.

"So where'd you go anyways?" John B spoke again.

Blair looked down at her feet, "Morning run." she simply said.

"Really? No offense, but you're like one of the laziest people I know so that's weird" John B laughed a bit.

"Hey!" Blair shoved him a bit as they both laughed. Blair hurried quick to find a way to change the subject.

"You wanna grab some breakfast and then hang at the beach for a little?" Blair looked up at John B.

"That sounds great" John B smiled "I'm gonna stop by the chateau to get some new clothes, meet me there?"

"I'll be there." Blair nodded. John B walked over to Blair's window and carefully climbed out, not before sending a small wink to the girl he loves most in the world.

~~~~

Blair paced back and fourth in her bedroom. Debating if now was finally the time to tell John B everything. She was so nervous all she could think of were that bad outcomes. What if he hated her? What if he never wanted to speak to her again?

She sighed and quickly changed into a new bikini and a sundress. She slid on a pair of sandals and made her way downstairs and out the front door.

~

Blair and John B spent most of the day together. After breakfast, they went on a walk and made their way to the beach and sat together. They talked and talked just enjoying their time.

John B stood up taking off his shirt and ran to the ocean in front of them. He dove into the waves and when he resurfaced he shouted to where Blair still sat, "Come on the water's great" he motioned for her to join him.

"I-I'm good" was all she could say. Was this her moment? she thought. She glanced around them. There's far too many people on this beach. It can't be here.

After a few moments in her thoughts a panting John B jogged up to where they had sat and dropped down next to her. She sent him a smile which he returned.

"You still owe me a surfing competition remember?" John B laughed.

"Like it would be much of a competition, I always beat you every time." Blair bragged, flipping her hair.

"Yeah you wish. Don't think I forgot about how many wipeouts you always had and guess who was there to save you every time?" John B said.

"Yes of course, my knight in shining armor," Blair gushed "Oh wait it was just you." she laughed at him. He shook his head and couldn't help but laugh at her.

John B stared into Blair's eyes. Her bright blue ones poured back into his. John B leaned closer to her, bringing his hand to her cheek. His index finger brushed the side of her cheek gently.

That's when a jolt went through Blair's body as she felt the saltwater soak onto her skin at his touch.

She let out a small gasp, "I uhm have to go." She got up from their spot and ran towards some large rocks that laid on the beach. How could I be so stupid? She thought.

"Blair, wait!" John B called after her. He followed her but he wasn't quick enough. Her footsteps stopped just where the waves crashed. Something glimmered in the sand beneath him and caught John B's eye.

It almost resembled a fish scale of some sort? He thought. He bent down to reach for it just as the seafoam washed it away in an instant.

~~~

A/N~ I promise John B finds out in the next one :)