19. Badass

Blair finally found JJ. He was nearby his home messing with the gun he stole of course, shooting at a target he had set up.

"Hey dumbass!" She shouted. "Wanna put that thing away and head to the beach with me?" He didn't move. Or even look her direction.

She shook her head waking over to him to yank the headphones out of his ears. As soon as she did he quickly spun around and caught her arm. And pointed the gun at her. She was startled by his reaction.

"What the hell JJ?!" She shoved him.

"Don't sneak up on me like that" he said while letting go of her wrist and putting the gun into his back pocket.

"I didn't! I was yelling at you from back there, not my fault your music is blasting in your ears while you're wasting bullets just asking for the cops to pull up on you" She shot back at him crossing her arms.

He scoffed. "Is there a reason you're here, or is it just to lecture me?" He turned to walk the other direction.

She followed him. "Am I not allowed to hang out with my best friend?" She asked confused.

"Thought we were busy hunting down those low life bastards." JJ said opening a beer can he had grabbed and taking a sip.

"Yeah about that, I kinda took care of it." She put her hands on her hips.

"Took care of what exactly?" JJ stopped sipping his beer now fully interested.

"Them. The low life scums. They're not a problem anymore." She said.

"Okayyy but how?" He asked again getting impatient.

She sighed running her hands through her hair.

"Fine, I did it. I-it was all me. I killed them. I'm a murderer, alright." She covered her forehead with her hand.

JJ bursted out laughing. Blair looked up at him and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" She said.

"Yeah, so what actually happened? Or this is just a joke and we still gotta go after em right?" JJ said still laughing.

"JJ I'm serious." Blair said getting upset that he won't stop laughing.

"Come on, you? You? That'd be like... like.. Bambi killing those dudes. Not possible." He continued holding his stomach from all the laughter.

"JJ do you know what sirens are?" Blair frowned crossing her arms again.

"You mean like weewoo weewoo?" He asked trying to get ahold of himself.

"No! Sirens! Sirens like me.. I mean.. like mermaids.. but they're darker. They lure men with their singing and they drown them." Blair said.

"Oh yeah, actually I get you." JJ coughed getting serious again.

"Late last night, something happened... I found them out there in the sea. I was able to lure them. I made their ears bleed before I grabbed them by their throats and drowned them at the bottom of the ocean." She spoke looking off in the distance.

JJ didn't speak. "Do you remember what I told you about the full moon?" Blair asked him.

"Yeah. I guess. That's some dark shit B." JJ said seeming proud in a way.

"I told you I took care of it."

"Well there goes my goose chase." JJ joked drinking the rest of his beer. "Gotta admit, that's pretty badass. And hot."

"What?"

"Badass." JJ repeated crushing the beer can and tossing it aside.

Blair sighed picking up the can and throwing it in a recycling bin a few feet from where they stood.

"The rest of the guys are heading to The Wreck for some food you coming or what?" She asked him beginning to walk away.

"Hell yeah dude, why didn't you just start with that?" JJ joked again beating her pace and now was in front of her.

She nudged him "Race ya!" They both darted off to her uncle's restaurant.

JJ was faster than her and was halfway to the restaurant leaving Blair behind panting holding her ribs. "Don't worry about me, I'll just be back here for a sec." She clutched her side that cramped and continued walking.

The sound of a whistle filled the air by her. A cat call. Her head snapped to the direction of it revealing none other than Topper and Rafe. They were walking in her direction.

"Well look who it is? How was Australia, Hartley?" Topper asked clearly not caring just trying to bother her for the heck of it.

"How'd you even know that's where I went?" She spat.

"Oh I know everything that goes on around here. I know a lot of people. People talk." Topper took off his sunglasses with a cocky smile.

Rafe just stared at her. They always knew each other growing up, he had a crush on her when they were kids. But he's held a grudge against her ever since she embarrassed him in front of their whole school. That was her rebellious phase, when she was easily influenced by JJ.

"Okay well what's it to ya?" She rolled her eyes at them. They stood in her way blocking the path.

"Hey hey.." Topper stepped closer to her. "What's with the attitude? Aren't we all just old friends here trying to catch up?"

"Friends? The spray tan fumes are getting to your brain Topper. Out of my way, please." She proceeded to move past them but to no avail. Topper stood in her way. This time Rafe did as well.

Rafe spoke now too. "There's no reason to be so rude you know."

"Hey!"

They all turned their heads to JJ running up to the three of them. "Back up off her, or I swear." JJ was now in their faces.

"Everything alright folks?" A security officer walked around the corner interrupting the feud. Blair couldn't help but sigh in relief.

"Yes, thank you." She said. The officer continued on, while another voice approached from behind them.

Sarah Cameron jogged up to the group and immediately hugged Topper. "Hey, I thought you were coming over to the house?"

She glanced over at the other faces of the group. Her eyes landed on Blair. "Oh, hey guys. Hey Blair" she shyly waved. She and Blair were friends back when they were younger but when Sarah and Kiara had a falling out they all stopped talking. Of course she was going to take her cousins side. So she never new the full story.

"Hey Sarah." She awkwardly waved back.  "Let's go, JJ." She grabbed JJ's arm and they made their way to the restaurant once again.

"Ya just had to leave me behind didn't you?" Blair frowned.

"Hey I came back for you" JJ pointed out.

"Took you long enough."

~~~