7. "Diver down"

The Pogues were at the boat preparing for the dive.

"This is empty, you took empty tanks" Kie informed the group sighing

"Well done, JB" JJ commented.

"Let me see" Blair said checking the tanks again "this one is a quarter full, it should be enough for one of you" she informed the group.

"Love it when a plan comes together" Pope said sarcastically.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kie asked the group

"You didn't spend anytime diving during that whole time in Australia?" JJ asked her making them all turn to Blair.

"Some.." she shrugged avoiding the question and made her way towards John B who was looking at her

"I read about it" Pope said and they sighed

"Great Pope read about it, someone's gonna die" Kie said rolling her eyes

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth and just breath. How hard can it be?" JJ said.

"It's not a joke JJ, it is hard" Blair told him. She did know about diving. A bit more than you'd think. She felt guilty that she could easily dive down there without all this gear but this wasn't the time to tell them. She just couldn't bring herself to do it just yet.

"I'm sure you're a real professional B. I think John B would really like if you showed him" JJ said smirking.

"JJ! Not the time!" Blair exclaimed

"Okay uhm...you know if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets in your blood and you get the bends" Pope informed changing the topic to avoid the ackward situation.

"Bends like bend over and..." JJ said making a weird pose on the boat.  John B wrapped his arm round Blair's waist making her move closer into his embrace.

"The bends kill you, JJ" she said.

"Right" JJ stopped what he was doing.

"I can dive" John B spoke up making Blair snap her head towards him.

"No, no way. This is all just too dangerous" she said shaking her head

"It's gonna be fine. I'll dive" John B said grabbing the tanks.

"You can dive. I'm cool with that" JJ said

"Since when can you dive?" Kie asked John B crossing her arms

"I'll do it. It's fine" John B said hugging Blair from behind, she just intertwined their hands on her chest

"Let me do some calculations real quick" Pope said taking a pen and some paper.

"So the boat is about 30 feet down" Pope drew a quick sketch "so it'll take 25 minutes at that depth"

"Ten feet" Blair spoke "you need to make your safety stop at about ten feet from here for no less than two minutes" Blair said as she walked up to john B

"Yeah okay, ten feet, two minutes. Got it" He said smiling down at the girl.

Kie then took of her shirt and jumped into the water without saying anything.

"What was that about?" Pope wondered

"I don't know, but I liked it, a lot" JJ commented

Blair rolled her eyes.

"Yeah...uh, so when you're down there you look for the cargo hold" JJ told John b

"Hey! I tied my shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down" Kie said as Blair hurried to hand her a towel once she was on the boat again

"That's where you need to do your safety stop" Blair informed

"Cool" he smiled at the blonde girl.

"Keep an eye on this. You need to make sure you have enough air to decompress" Pope handed John B the air level.

"Okay, how much do I need?" John B asked.

"Uh..." Pope trailed looking at Blair.

"Just  breathe as little as possible. Try to keep your heart rate slow and steady, okay?" She turned to John B who had all the gear already on.

"Zen, think zen you know?" JJ said demonstrating.

"Yeah, got it" John B said walking to the end of the boat.

"Hey! If we get caught in the marsh we are basically screwed so we better get a move on" Pope told him.

"Copy that" John B smiled at him as Blair walked up to him.

"Be careful John B and don't forget not under two minutes and keep your heart rate slow and-" she rambled on but John B interrupted her

"Steady. I got it, don't worry B" he said to calm her down and then kissed her forehead.

"Diver down?" She asked.

"Diver down" John B said just before jumping in the water.

After two minutes had passed and no sign of John B, Blair began to panic.

"He's out of air." She stared into the blue water waiting for any sign of him.

"He's definitely out of air by now" Pope said putting his hand behind his head.

"Where is he?" Kie also began to panic as the four of them desperately waited. Just then sirens were heard in the distance.

"Shit" JJ muttered watching the Sheriff's boat getting closer

"Guys! That's the police" Pope called out

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me!" JJ whined

"I'm going in after him. Just distract them I need to get to him ." Blair said taking off her shirt.

"That's 10 feet Blair, and we don't have anymore diving gear" Pope said

"And we don't have anymore time! I'm going down there now"

"Just act frickin' normal guys we can't let them see any of this" Kie said sending Blair a nod.

Blair couldn't care about anything else in that moment when she used all her force to dive into that deep blue water.

When she was fully submerged and bubbles floated to the surface, she felt her legs disappear in exchange for her tail. She looked down and with her enhanced vision immediately saw an unconscious John B..

Within seconds she had swam to his side. The mouthpiece was already removed from his mouth. He had a black back around his shoulders. His eyes were still open but no sign of awareness in them looking dazed.

She took his face in her hands and gave him some air before pulling him up to the surface

She quietly broke through the surface with John B in her arms. She could hear the boys saying their goodbyes to the cops. Kie thankfully noticed Blair trying to get her attention.

Kie carefully reached for John B. Blair mouthed an 'I have to go' to the girl and Kie nodded right as Blair took off under the water.

~