15. Caught

A couple of days had gone by since the Cameron's boat sinking. Blair spent most of her day at home before heading out for her daily swim. The rest of the Pogues were at the Chateau, John B was still looking for answers about his father.

Blair planned to meet them there after her swim which usually was short and sweet, but this day had something different in mind.

She swam far past the harbor as she usually did. The water was quite grey today considering the gloomy weather above. As the day neared sunset the sun peaked through the clouds sending strobes of gold sunlight throughout the outer banks.

At one point during her swim she noticed something in front of her. It was a bit far, but close enough for her to make out that it was netting. Fish nets. Panic settled in her as she began swimming away from it. But the netting appeared behind her, beside her, and in front of her.

She attempted to rip the net apart with her hands but she wasn't strong enough. The netting only began wrapping around her fin now and she was being pulled towards the surface.

 The netting only began wrapping around her fin now and she was being pulled towards the surface

She looked up to see a boat, a boat that was almost familiar to her. Once she broke the surface her tail smacked at the water desperately trying to free herself.

"Holy shit! It's real!" A husky voice yelled. Blair submerged herself back under the water as  much as she could. She looked up through the water to try and make out the figures she saw.

Two large men stood peering over the side of their boat searching for her in the water.  She could hear their muffled voices as they spoke to one another. Blair continued to attempt to unravel herself from the netting, as a sharp pain sliced through her left side. She screamed letting out a bit of her air she had held.

She looked beneath her to see a silver object caught in the net below her fin. A fishing spear. The boat was now dragging her along with it. She thought quickly and used her power to freeze the boats propellers.

The boat came to a halt, she desperately reached for the spear underneath her. Her right arm was still caught in the netting so she had to use her left arm that was cut deep and bleeding badly.

She finally reached for the spear and was able to cut herself free, although some of the netting was stuck to her tail. She dropped the spear and it fell to the ocean floor. She didn't think about anything else in that moment except swimming as fast as she possibly could to escape these men.

How did they know about her? Were they expecting to find her? She had so many thoughts running through her mind. Blair finally was near the chateau's dock. She swam to the beach that was closest to the chateau and dragged herself onto shore after making sure there was no one in the area, as there normally was not.

Her right arm struggled to drag her body one last time before she finally collapsed in exhaustion. The pain in her left arm and the left side of her tail began to sting horribly. She had lost a lot of blood. A tear escaped her eye as she slowly lifted her head up.