16. Jolly Sailor Bold

~~~

The moon was full that night. High in the night sky It's light spread across the land and sea for miles. The moonlight made it's way through one window in particular. It crept up the bed where she slept and found it's way to her. The moon sent its whispers in her ear while she slept.

"...find them..."

"...drown them..."

She tossed and turned in her sleep fighting the whispers echoing in her ears.

"...lure them.."

"...drowwwn themm..."

Her eyes shot open, they were black. She got up and turned to face the window. She stared hard at the moon. Hearing it's whispers clear as the night sky now.

She found her way to the Chateau's dock still staring down the moon. After a moment had gone by, she dove into the dark ocean water. Her clothes she'd slept in now ripped to shreds, her tail and fin in their place. This time claws now took the place of her fingernails and her teeth were as sharp as knives.

She stared longingly into the black sea before she swam following the moon's whispers. It lead her far past the ships docked at the harbor. She stopped deep below the surface. The outline of a small boat was just above her. She swum up to a buoy that floated a few feet away. Hiding behind the buoy, she watched them.

"What the hell's the matter with you? We almost had it until you screwed it up" One of the two large men yelled.

"I'm telling you, we're gonna find it again and this time, we're getting those millions with it." The other of the men smiled mischievously to himself.

"You better hope we do. If not you don't know how much you just cost us.." The first of the men argued while staring out into the water, spear in hand.

"I already told you why my aim was off, I was-" The other man cut him off.

"Wait..." He hit his shoulder causing him to stop talking. "Do you hear that?"

"....."

"..hmmm..... hmmm...."

The men snapped their heads to the back of their boat. And there she was. Her arms rested on the side of their boat. Her hair slicked back from the sea. She stared at them while she hummed.

One of the men instantly got up and aimed his gun at her

One of the men instantly got up and aimed his gun at her. She slowly swam back away from the boat.

"What the hell are you doing?! We need it alive!" The other man whisper shouted and shoved his gun to the floor of the boat.

She stared at them for a long moment, they just stood and stared back at her waiting for her next move. One slowly attempted to reach behind them for the fish netting. Her black eyes stared into theirs.

"...my heart is pierced by cupid.."

"..I disdain all glittering gold..".

"..there is nothing can console me.."

"..but my jolly sailor bold.."

She sang her siren song, coming closer and closer to them. Their knees became weak and they fell to meet her eyes. She was now at the boats side face to face with them.

"...my heart is pierced by cupid.."

"..I disdain all glittering gold..".

"..there is nothing can console me.."

"..but my jolly sailor bold.."

She brought her hands to the sides of their faces. Their eyes wouldn't leave hers. They were under her trance now. Blood dripped from their ears. They could hear nothing else besides her siren call to them now.

Slowly she pulled their faces to the water's surface. They were in her territory now. She was stronger than the both of them. Their upper halves of their bodies were now submerged into the sea staring down at her. She dug her claws into their necks and showed her sharp fangs to them.

 She dug her claws into their necks and showed her sharp fangs to them

The men let out muffled screams beneath the water. She dragged them fully under now. They scrambled to free themselves from her grasp but she was far too strong for them.

Her hands were around the both of their necks as she pushed and dragged them further and further into the deep sea.

Once they were dead, she abandoned their bodies for the sharks to feast on. And fled into the deep dark open sea.

~~~