Sheppards Meet the Bridgertons

Elizabeth Sheppard has never been one for traditions. Growing up within the Sheppard family, a name that elevated her status to a degree that she despised. Her mother had passed during childbirth to their youngest brother Edward, leaving her and her twin Elliot in the hands of their father Marquess Alexander Sheppard at the age of 5.

        Desperate, their father quickly handed the children to maids and tutors, forcing them to excel in both studies and the ways of society. Elizabeth and her brother were thick as thieves since they were born, constantly at each other's side and spending every moment together but as they grew so did the distance between the two. She dove headfirst into her books, cultivating mostly on literature and history. Many had spoken of her in high regard, claiming she had her father's brilliant mind with a splash of her mother's kind heart, something that appeared within the young girl at a young age. But it was actually her love of painting that caught many eyes, the young girl had an excellent talent and passion for the arts.

         Elliot on the other hand struggled slightly in the beginning, the pressure of being the heir got to him at some points as he tended to lean towards the appearance of a gentleman, rather than the intellect of one. Hunting and Sports were his passion, something that kept him cool after hours of lessons on the duties of a Marquess. Edward tended to stay towards the outskirts of any room, observing and analyzing every piece of information that was spread around; it drove their father crazy. He has a refined tongue and balanced temper that many argue would be perfect for parliament.

            Although her father was busy most of the time, Elizabeth knew he loved them with all his heart. He spent so much time with each of them, trying to show compassion and care for them as individuals; a trait that was uncommon but showed the Marquess' undying love for each of them. He would even often take his children to the city with him for work, showing them the ins and outs of the capital. And on one particular trip, in the spring before Elizabeth's 14th birthday, she met her best friend, Daphne Bridgerton.

       "Stop it Elliot!" The young blonde pouted as her brother yanked on her hair again.

     "I didn't do anything" He smirked, placing his hands behind his back.

    "Miss. Loughty tell him to stop" Elizabeth looked up at the woman who had Edward close to her side. She had worked within the Sheppard household since the Marquess' marriage and took a special liking to his children, being upgraded to their headmaid. She often enjoyed the company of the three and tended to tuck them under her wing, bringing them on her trips into the town to explore the world outside Applegate. She was one of the two mother figures they had adopted,

    "I won't have it, leave your sister alone" The annoyed woman huffed as they turned down the street, still dragging the youngest Sheppard by his wrist.

     "But I didn't-" Elliot lied through his teeth again, earning a  smack to the back of his head 

    "Oooww!" He flinched, causing Elizabeth's pink lips to curl a bit, Edward chuckled under his breath.

    "I just need you to get along while I run errands" 

         She now trailed a few strides ahead of the twins and headed into the market.  Elizabeth always loved the city, even though her father insisted that they live on the outskirts she found calm within the frantic nature of the town. Everyone seemed eager to get somewhere and the constant overlap of personalities seemed to seep through the air.

        "Lizzie come along we must pick up your dresses!" Mrs. Loughty shouted behind her as the young girl took in the warm air.

     "Sorry!" She quickly jumped back into reality quickening her pace again to trail Elliot's footsteps while she grabbed her skirt to pick the hem up slightly.