Static

Dearest Readers,

If the Ancient Greeks were members of the ton, they might have added to their Olympic pentathlon one additional event. The hosting of a country visit. This, of course, is the week of Lady Bridgerton's annual hearts and flowers ball, the year's most coveted invitation in the country, and no event better designed to show the might and the meddle of its host.

                        The entire brigade of the Bridgerton's staff were bumbling around the house getting it ready for the Dowager Vicountess' event. 

      "Miss Patridge requires large amounts of sugar for her morning tea, and Lord Abernathy, he will refuse to eat that is not well-cooked while Lady Abernathy will only eat her meat bloody I am told" Violet instructed the head maid, Elizabeth and Daphne were in tow behind the matriarch as they helped her with the preparations. "And make sure you put an extra blanket on Lord Weston's bed. I hear he feels the cold.." She continued down the hallways towards the main entryway, her eyes automatically widening at the sight of the flower shipments.

      "The roses and carnations have arrived ma'am" The bubbly young maid announced as she held the large basket in her arms.

       "You may wish to add in lilac Mama. Symbolic of first love" Daphne commented, earning a smile from her mother.

       "Perhaps make the bouquets even bigger" Elizabeth added as she trailed her fingers across the soft flower petals of the red roses.

       "I have taught you well" Violet beamed with pride, "Well if there is truly to be a proposal before the week is out, Anthony will need all the help he can get "Indeed" Elizabeth agreed, now locking arms with Daphne.

        "And are you sure you wish to help my dear?" Violet took Elizabeth's free hand, "Perhaps you would enjoy some time in the gardens with the Sharmas" Elizabeth shook her head 

      "I think it's best I keep myself occupied" Violet pursed her lips together for a moment.

       "Be grateful mama" Daphne chuckled "If Lizzie is to see Benedict any earlier in the morning she will have his head" The dowager Viscountess softly laughed.

       "Yes, well I am sure that when the time comes you will give him a proper scolding, from the both of us" Elizabeth smiled brightly and squeezed her hand. "Of course Mama" 

      "Good girl, now come" She began to lead the woman again "We must check the gardens" 

                        "Papa!" Elizabeth beamed with excitement as the Marquess Sheppard emerged from his carriage,

       "Lizzie..." He opened his arms, embracing his daughter tightly "How I have missed you" She pulled away from the hug, smiling brightly as she dazzled in her new mint gown. "And I've missed you too" He squeezed her shoulders, taking his large top hat from his head as he spotted her son's atop the Bridgerton's steps.

      "Boys" He looked at them with another smile, one as bright and large as he gave her. 

      "Father" Elliot bowed his head slightly, 

     "Pleasure to see you again," Edward remarked as their father approached with wide arms.

       "Oh to see my family together again!" He exclaimed like a child "And to see such a beautiful home" He pulled back to admire the beauty of Aubrey Hall in all its glory.