A Brooding Viscount

After the disastrous events that occurred in the morning, the Bridgertons retreated to their home, quickly relaxing in the drawing room as Violet prepared Eloise. A dance instructor had pulled Gregory in as her partner, forcing the pair of siblings to dance around as Francesca silently played a lovely melody on the piano. Elizabeth watched contently as the young girl held a stern face, exhausted and annoyed as Gregory led most of the dance.

        "It's amazing she hasn't killed anyone" She whispered to her husband beside her, his face buried in a sketchbook again,

      "Well it is only the first day" He smiled.

      "I do not think she's very good" Hyacinth sighed,

       "I believe she can hear you" Benedict noted as he chewed the end of his pencil.

        "I can hear you" Eloise groaned not paying any attention as she stomped on Gregory's toes 

         "Watch my feet!" The young boy winced as Eloise narrowed her eyes.

       "Might we be done?" She asked in an unamused tone, her blue eyes narrowing as she controlled her temper.

        "If you are to catch the queen's eyes after that interruption, you must be perfection"  Violet softly spoke as her daughter grabbed Gregory's hand hastily.

       "It was the interruption that was perfection" Eloise annoyingly commented 

        "Shocking that Eloise Bridgerton was not named the season diamond was it not?" Benedict spoke up sarcastically Elizabeth jabbed his side swiftly. 

       "Was anyone else aware that dear Colin has decided to add Albania or some such place to his itinerary as he gads about the world?" Anthony sighed as he strolled into the room abruptly. The Viscount questioned, scanning the room for answers and finding Elizabeth's gaze  "Perhaps Elliot had told you?" The blonde shrugged, resting her hands on her stomach.

        "He hardly tells me anything" She pressed her lips together in a thin line,

      "No. But how happy for him to decide that he can simply decide to do that" Eloise spoke with a tinge of annoyance as Gregory continued their dance "Joining us for tea, Anthony?" Violet asked with a small smile on her face.

            "Uh, I'm afraid I must pass. Too many calls on my funds today" He began as he took a small turn about the room, Elizabeth rolled her eyes as Anthony seemed to list out all of the duties he had to participate in. She was tired of hearing him blabber on day in and day out about his tasks, the even thought of the conversation exhausted her.  "Now that the season has started, I need to fill your coffers at the modiste and oversee the hiring of extra staff. And your ring when you get the chance; I need it" He spoke so quickly that Benedict raised his head from his sketchbook in surprise first looking at his wife's wide emerald eyes, then the pair met Violet's shocked gaze as the woman now stood behind the second eldest and his wife. Eloise and Gregory took the opportunity to slither back to their seats, fully invested in the tea and sweets in front of them. 

     "The Feild by Ferryhallow. I was thinking we might hold off on leasing them due to the hard frost" Anthony continued rattling off his duties,

        "I beg your pardon?" Violet spoke up still trying to process her son's request.

        "The frost hardens the soil, saps it of its nutrients" Anthony explained as his mother shook her head.

        "That is very well. But you requested my ring?" She tilted her head with unease,