Ice Sculpture and Golden Swans

Dearest Readers,

Miss Marina Thompson's fall from grace continues to echo through every drawing-room in town, days after it was revealed her engagement to Colin Bridgerton was nothing more than a sham. Of course, a lady's disgrace does not merely tarnish her own name. Like the stars of the Thames, it also leaves a horrid smear on anyone nearby. While there is no parasol in the world  strong enough to shelter a ruined woman,  the fallen Miss Thompson can only hope she shall find refuge somewhere

    The Queen was hosting a lunch outside of the Badminton house. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the music danced along with the chattering of the crowd as they mingled within the gardens.

       "The Bridgertons should be here soon" Edward scanned the crowd while pulling his collar 

       "The queen will hound Daphne" Elliot smirked grabbing a glass of champagne.

     "Not if I find her first" Elizabeth smirked taking in the scent of the flowers.

     "Out of the way!" The Queen exclaimed as she parted the crowd like the Red Sea, heading straight for the Sheppard.

      "Eyes up, manners on" The Marquess spoke under his breath as he quickly straightened his posture and put on a fake smile.

       "You're finally here!" She waved her fan frantically.

       "Your Majesty" She bowed followed by the rest of her family,

        "I must say you are looking rather beautiful today Miss Sheppard" Elizabeth blushed at the Queen's comments.

      "You are too kind" The Queen let out a small huff and flattened her fan in her palm.

       "Now I have been working on some plans for the wedding and I was wondering what you thought of ice sculptures? Perhaps a golden swan or two?" Elizabeth knitted her brows, looking over at her father who seemed equally confused.

       "Your grace" The Marquess spoke up "We have the wedding plans entirely under wrap there is no need for you to exhaust yourself" He gave a thin grin as Elliot shot down his glass, rolling his eyes out of sight.

      "Nonsense! This is the closest I will get to showing Whistledown she is wrong. I was unable to help plan the Duchess of Hasting's wedding so I will help plan yours" Elizabeth began to chuckle nervously, she knew she couldn't shoot the Queen down so she was trapped and Benedict had no idea.

    "I-I can't thank you enough" She spoke with a wary tone flashing a grin to reassure the monarch.

       "Perfect! This will be the wedding of the season! A wedding deemed for royalty"  The Queen flicked her fan out again and smirked "Now if you'll excuse me I must take my leave" The family bowed again, all watching as the queen walked away with her head held high.

      "Oh dear lord" The Marquess pinched his nose, "I have to find Lady Danbury" He groaned, taking Edward's glass from his fingers and shooting it down before striding away 

      "You, sister are as we would say Royaly screwed" Elliot laughed even earning a chuckle from Edward.

       "Sure laugh it up" Elizabeth huffed, trying to keep her composure "Now I have to find Benedict"