Entangle My Mind

Elizabeth shined tonight. Her father was off on business and decided it was best for her brothers to accompany her which meant she had free reign. She wore an elegant pink dress scattered with golden designs of flowers and a large white rose was tucked into her hair. She had beautiful pearl earrings and a necklace to match. Daphne had already made her way in, perfect as ever in the signature Bridgerton blue, and the Duke at her side.

     "Simon's ogling again" Elliot leaned down and whispered to her,

     "Hush, leave him be" She scolded as her twin snickered.

      "Lady Sheppard" A voice caused her to twist around "Lady Danbury" Elizabeth smiled brightly "It's so wonderful to see you out again" She shooed the boys away and curled her arms around Elizabeth's.

     "It was a tolling time Lady Danbury"

     "Mhmm" She cocked an eyebrow to show her "And father didn't want me getting anyone else sick" 

     "I'm sure, and the bruise?" The older woman rolled her eyes as Elizabeth's widened

    "Don't think I don't know everything dear, you mustn't worry about him anymore" She patted her gloved hand to reassure her "Tonight just focus on having fun, flirt, drink, dance" Elizabeth looked to Daphne on the dance floor.

     "It seems my dear friend has taken all the suitors tonight" She sighed, slightly disappointed but happy for her friend 

    "But her eyes are only on one" Elizabeth smirked as she looked over to Simon whose eyes were filled with jealousy, "He is smitten" 

    "I think so my dear"

     "I don't believe I have asked to dance with you yet" Simon held out his hand, 

     "You've never asked your grace" Elizabeth bit back sarcastically as she took his hand and walked to the dance floor. But as they began to dance Elizabeth noticed Simon's eyes were glued onto Daphne who was currently dancing with another Lord.

     "Am I your excuse to get closer to Daphne?" She inquired,

     "What?" He turned his back towards her, "Can't I dance with my dearest friend?" He asked but she rolled her eyes slightly.

     "I am your excuse" She wasn't angry or upset, more just annoyed that he was keeping up his walls and ignoring the fact that he loved Daphne. 

 "You have to stop lying to yourself" She pouted, "It will only bring pain and heartbreak" Simon clenched his jaw at her words and pulled away from her.

     "You don't know what I feel"

      "Yes I do Simon, I know you, I've known you since we were kids-" 

     "That doesn't mean anything Lizabeth. Time passes, people change, I've changed" Elizabeth sighed, spinning around him and placing a hand on his chest.

      "You may have but it's for the better" The music died down as Daphne excused herself, Simon's eyes still locked onto her figure as she dipped back into the crowd.

     "Go, follow her" The Duke didn't need a second push from Elizabeth as he swiftly left the floor without so much as a goodbye. Elizabeth grumbled under her breath,

     "Miss Sheppard? May I have this dance" Elizabeth excitingly turned to see Benedict standing like a knight in shining armor 

    "It would be my pleasure Lord Bridgerton"