Chapter 8

The Monday morning was hectic; Haley got Emma up first so she could get cleaned up and ready before the younger kids. While Emma ate her breakfast, Kian got the other two kids up. Farrah woke right up and picked out her own outfit for school. Kian helped her get dressed, and sent her downstairs before going into Jacob's room. Jacob was a heavy sleeper, like some toddlers. Kian rubbed his son's back, seeing his black lashes flutter.
"Daddy? Sun up?" he asked.
"Yeah, buddy. Time to get up." Kian replied.
Jacob blinked a few times and opened his eyes, rubbing them as Kian lifted him from the cot. Once he had gotten changed, he joined the others in the kitchen. Kian started pouring cereal, toasting bread, and filling sippy cups. Farrah was excited about getting to pick out a snack for herself, but Jake was more focused on getting his cereal down than looking at what he was eating.
"Daddy...can we watch something? Please?" Farrah asked.
"Not now, we have to get ready. Maybe tonight, princess." Kian said. Haley packed lunches for everyone, and was thankful that today was an off-day, so she could catch up on laundry and projects for the gift shop. She drove Emma to school, while Kian took Farrah and Jacob to daycare.
Once the dishwasher was filled, she checked her phone. Kian would be working late, so it would be just her and the kids for dinner. She settled on something quick and easy; fish sticks.

She did everything she could to make sure she picked all the kids up on time. She fed them dinner, cleaned up the mess, and kept an eye on the clock for Kian. Once she was finally sure the kids were safely tucked in bed, she went upstairs.
Haley opened the door slowly, afraid to wake the children. She had an idea of making a memory gift for Emma. She started looking through all the old pictures of Jac, mostly of her with Emma. She also found a favorite picture, Emma as a flower girl at her and Kian's wedding. She found plenty of print photos, but knew Jac had a ton on her phone. she packed away the selected photos and went downstairs to wait for Kian.

He walked in around 10 o'clock. They were drained as they crashed in bed.
"So you managed to finish all your work this afternoon?" Kian asked quietly as they curled up in each others arms.
"Yeah, I finished earlier than expected actually. You know...after spending almost a week with the kids, I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"I got us an appointment with a fertility doctor for next week. If it helps, the appointments don't seem so bad." Kian explained.
"Really? Are you positive? That would be amazing! Thank you!" Haley exclaimed happily.
"Anything for my beautiful wife."