Chapter 12

The Saturday morning that followed was a flurry of activity. Haley woke up first; taking a few quiet moments to snuggle with Kian as she watched his chest rise and fall with his breathing. He woke up, smiling warmly, and then they both got up and went to check on the kids. Jacob was jumping in his cot, clutching his Star Wars blanket.
"Good morning, Jacob. Did you sleep okay?" Haley asked, rubbing his back.
"Yeah!" he squealed, grabbing for his pacifier. He sucked it a few times before spitting it out. He grabbed his stuffed Chewbacca.
"Wan Toohey!" Jacob babbled; he couldn't say Chewie.
Kian went into Farrah's room. His five-year-old daughter was still asleep. He smiled. She looked so cute curled up in her bed. She was dressed in her favorite pajamas, which had little flowers on them. She looked adorable. He kissed the top of her head and tucked her in.
"Morning, sweetheart. Are you awake yet?" he asked softly.
She stirred slightly, but didn't open her eyes.
"Come on, honey. Wake up." He urged.
"Mmm..." she mumbled, turning over onto her stomach.
"Come on, sweetheart. Time to wake up." Farrah stirred, and yawned hugely, stretching. She moved her Jasmine doll and put her arms around Kian's neck. He scooped her up. "I love you, princess. Good morning." She nuzzled into her daddy's neck while wrapping her legs around his waist. They sat down on the rocking chair in the living room. "Are you hungry? Do you want breakfast?" he asked, kissing her cheek.
"Is it pancakes day?" Farrah asked sleepily.
"Yes, princess. Daddy's making them." He said, kissing her forehead.

Emma was already awake, using her e-reader. She got out of bed hearing the family come down stairs. Kian made the pancakes, adding blueberries and chocolate chips to a few of them. Haley put Jacob in his high chair, putting a pancake on the tray.

Farrah wasn't a picky eater by any means; so she was content eating whatever her daddy put in front of her. She liked her Daddy's cooking as well as her mummy's.

Emma loved being part of a big family breakfast, eating a two blueberry pancakes and some bacon, washing it down with some juice.
"Okay, everyone, there's going to be some changes today." Haley said to the kids.
"What, Mummy?" Farrah murmured, wiping her sticky chin.
"After everyone gets cleaned up, Emma and I are going shopping for a little while. You and Jakey are staying home with Daddy."
"Yay! Will we go to the park later?" Farrah asked.
"Maybe. Or maybe you can play outside, I think we are just going to hang out in the house, today." Kian said, getting the dirty dishes together. The kids played together in the living room, while the adults cleaned up. Haley got the kids dressed, and she and Emma got in the car. They stopped at a store and went in.

"How many colored pencils per pack did you get for school, Emma?"
"Twelve,"
"Alright. What kind of pencil case to you want?"
"Uhmmm...a purple one." She answered. "Please? I really need a purple one, please!"
"All right, let's try that one." Haley handed the girl a purple zippered pencil bag with different pockets.
"Do you want a bag, or a more sturdy case?"
"How about a bag for school and a case for my art stuff at home?" Emma asked.
"Sure!" Haley said, finding a green one. She also got a pack of pencils, some black pens, and a drawing pad. She let Emma pick out the folders. Then they went to the clothes.
"Emma, what size underwear do you wear?"
"I don't know...." Emma answered shyly. Haley took off a couple of sizes and held them up.
"Let's try this one. Have you started wearing training bras yet?"
"I noticed my chest looking different...I was wearing undershirts."
"Okay....let's get you started on one. You don't need padded ones until you're older." Emma tried a few on in the changing room, before finding one that fit her good.

After a detour in baby and toddler clothes to grab some clothes for Jacob, Haley and Emma when to the toiletries. She got Emma a stick of deodorant, some astringent, a new hairbrush, some clips and ties, a toothbrush and a box's of cotton rounds. She could tell Emma was uncomfortable going to look at pads, but she had to explain them to her.
"You have to get the right size, or they might not work as good. Also, don't get generic ones, they leak. And here's some thin ones for everyday...."

"I'm going to bleed everyday?!" Emma interrupted, holding the box in horror.
"Emma, no. They're meant for the tail end when you're bleeding very lightly. Then you just have a substance that keeps bacteria out of you. The pads keep your underwear clean. Does that make sense?"
Emma nodded slowly. Haley grabbed a box of tampons.
"These are so the clerk will think the stuff's for me." She explained, winking.
They walked into the shoe aisle.
"Emma, how much do you like your shoes?" Haley asked.
"I have my nice ones for school, my trainers, and my footie cleats."
"Okay. If they get too tight, let me know so we can get you a new pair. When I was a little younger than you, I went through two shoe sizes in one summer." After checking out, Haley and Emma went home.

Meanwhile, back home Kian had his hands full with the kids.
"Jakey! Where are your socks?" he called from the kitchen. "We're gonna have lunch in a little bit. You have your milk, right?"
"I drink my milk!"
"Right. Farrah, did you play dress up?" Kian asked as Farrah danced across the floor in her Jasmine costume.
"Daddy, can you do magic carpet with me?" she asked sweetly. "Magic carpet" was her name for riding on her dad's shoulders.
"Sure, baby." He said, hoisting her onto his shoulders. He walked around the house as Farrah put her arms in the air.
"I'm touching the clouds, Daddy!" she yelled happily. "Can you hold me higher?"
"Sure thing." He lifted Farrah up into the air and spun her round and round on the spot.
He set her down on the ground after a few minutes and watched her dance around him, jumping and waving her arms around.
"Love you, Daddy!" She giggled.

It was quiet when Haley and Emma came home. Toys were strewn across the living room, a half finished coloring page was on the coffee table, and cartoons were on tv. Haley had to keep from laughing as she saw Kian and the kids on the couch. Farrah was curled in a ball against the armrest, inches from her dad's feet. She was still in her Jasmine costume.
Jacob was snuggled on Kian's chest, his nappied bum in the air and sucking on his hand.His drool coated pacifier was in the crook of Kian's elbow. Kian looked like he has just dozed off, his chest going up and down with eyes flickering open at the sound of the door opening. His heart swelled, seeing the look on Haley's face. It felt warm to him, seeing her smiling so big. She was carrying all of their bags in her free arm. She closed the door behind them.
"Did you have fun with the kids today?" She whispered, not wanting to wake them.

"I forgot how much energy they have." Kian said carefully. "I can't move, I might wake up Jacob." Haley lifted Jacob carefully, letting his head rest on her shoulder, his gobs of black hair tickling her cheek. Kian sat up stiffly, letting the sticky pacifier fall on the floor. He stood up, pulling Haley towards him with his left arm. She let herself be pulled into a kiss.
"I missed you." He murmured softly into her lips. She kissed him gently, trying to keep from waking Jacob. While Haley laid Jacob in his cot, Kian carried Farrah to her room. He covered her up with her favorite blanket, and tiptoed back downstairs.

"Emma, the kids are taking their naps. Kian and I are going to take care of groceries and relax. You can watch tv and play on your tablet. When the kids wake up, we'll have lunch and go to the playground. How's that sound?" Haley asked.
"Sounds great. I have my sketch book out and can't wait to draw some rabbits for you guys." She smiled.

The two adults tiptoed to their bedroom, and they quietly closed the door and climbed into bed with each other. He hugged her tightly as she snuggled closer. Their bodies pressed closely together, kissing. As much as they wanted to make love, they were exhausted from the busy morning. Haley rested her head on Kian's shoulder, running her fingers over the swirls of her husband's sleeve tattoo.
"If you keep touching me, I'm going to get very turned on..." Kian teased.
"I'll wait until tonight, I promise." she smiled.
Kian gave her a quick peck on the lips, before they both fell fast asleep. They dozed in the early afternoon light, aware that the kids could wake at any moment.