Chapter 14

Haley went into the living room, seeing Kian flopped on the couch.
"I'll take my shower, and you can check on Farrah and Jacob. Then, it's just you and me...alone." she teased, winking.
"I wouldn't mind." Kian smirked, standing up from the sofa. "Come on then, let's hurry."

Haley went to the bathroom in the master bedroom, and Kian went to check on his kids. Jacob was fast asleep, sucking his pacifier in his sleep. Kian rubbed his son's back before kissing his thick black hair.
"Love you, baby boy." he whispered.

He went across the hall to Farrah's room. Her nightlight was on, allowing him to see her curled up in bed. He saw her roll over onto her side, and walked to her bedside.
"Daddy?" She murmured sleepily
"I just came in for my kiss, big girl." He whispered, bending down and kissing the top of her wavy dark hair . "I love you, princess."
"Love you, Daddy." Farrah mumbled, closing her eyes.

Kian walked into his and Haley's room. His wife was waiting for him in bed. Her hair was still damp from the shower, and she was in a nightgown. A smile grew on her face when he climbed in next to her. He pulled her close, letting her relax against his chest and shoulder. He could smell the coconut shampoo and lavender soap she used whenever she got ready in the morning.
"How was the kids?" Haley asked, wrapping her arms around her husband's torso.
"Out like lights. We shouldn't have to worry about them waking up." He replied, resting his chin on the top of her head. "What are you thinking about?"
"Just how happy I am to be married to you. I love you." Haley replied.
"And I love you, honey." Kian said. "Emma shouldn't bother us either, I got her a gift card for her tablet. I told her she could rent or stream a movie or use it for a game."

"Kian! You bribed her!"
"Hey, if it gets us some alone time. What else should we do?"
She shrugged, giggling into his chest. They laid there quietly for a bit, listening to each other breathe.
"You know what I want, right?"
"Yeah."
"Then you better do it." Haley whispered, sliding her hand under his T-shirt.
"I've got a surprise for you, babe. " He purred. Haley chuckled, looking up at her husband.
"Well then, let's get started." Haley teased, kissing his jaw. He got up and pulled something out of the drawer on his bedside table.

"Scented oil? You're spoiling me." Haley said, taking the bottle from him. Kian made sure he had the door closed all the way, but the baby monitor on.