Chapter 10

Kian and Haley sat in the doctor's office a few days later.
The minute the doctor walked in, the couple felt uncomfortable. They were used to the occasional stares; Kian was twelve years older than Haley. Adding that he was Middle Eastern and his wife was white. They stood when Dr. Matthews entered the room. They knew they weren't here for a simple checkup, and were prepared to answer every question he asked.
"Good day Mr. and Mrs. Madani. I understand you want to see if you have any issues with pregnancy?"
"Yes, we want to have another baby, but we want to make sure everything is okay, first," Haley replied.
"I will certainly do everything I can to help you get pregnant. We will take care of everything." Matthews reassured.
"I see there's an age gap between you two...have you had any trouble...performing?"
"No," Kian answered firmly. He was embarrassed, yes, but Haley would always come first.
"Mrs. Madani...your medical history is interesting; I see there's mention of a birth injury after having your first child."
"Yes; I went into labor a week before my due date....but I heard that's not unusual...I bled a lot and needed surgery, but the doctors said there was no permanent damage."
"And after?"
Haley looked away, the memory still painful in her mind.
"I had a miscarriage, a little over the first month. They caught it on the ultrasound before I started hemorrhaging."
"That's good. Overall, I think you shouldn't have much problem conceiving again. I can prescribe some supplements and hormone pills for both of you to increase your chances. "
Haley smiled.
"Thank you, doctor....can we have a card?"
"Of course, and please bring it back here if you ever need anything else."
As soon as they left the office, Haley hugged Kian tight.
"We're going to be parents....again!"
"We're not pregnant yet, love." Kian reminded her gently.
"I'm excited anyway. It'll be so nice to start our family over." She said softly. "Let's try to get the kids to bed early some night, and we can have some 'mummy-daddy time'...just the two of us...it will have to be a night in."
"Remember, we have Emma staying with us," Kian said.
"Oh...we'll figure something out," Haley told him. "I'll figure out the perfect time."
"It's weird, our last two kids well, just happened. Now it's scheduled sex."
"Yeah...not quite normal....but we can deal."
Kian kissed Haley on the lips. "I love you."
"I love you too. Let's go pick up Farrah and Jacob."