Chapter 16

Haley didn't know how to react when she heard that. Was he just having an innocent dream of a dead friend? Or something intimate? That thought hurt her heart. She heard him quiet, and his breathing became more relaxed. Haley snuggled against him, breathing in his scent. She felt herself drift off to sleep again.

Both of them woke to Jacob singing to himself in his cot. He seemed happy, so they didn't get up right away. Kian sat up and rested against the headboard, pulling Haley into a hug.
"Morning, sleepyhead." He greeted her.
"Good Morning to you, too." she smiled, snuggling into him and burying her head against his chest. "Last night was amazing." she confessed. Kian grinned, holding her tight.
"It really was. And they say sex is over after you have kids."
"Oh shut up." She rolled her eyes, playfully slapping him. He wrapped his arm tightly around her waist, laughing. He loved moments like these. Despite having their hands full with work and kids, they would find somehow to keep the spark alive.
"I'll make breakfast today. What do you think?" Kian asked, running his hand up and down Haley's arm.
"Let me go wake up Jake. I will make us both eggs and bacon." She pushed herself off the bed. She pulled on her underwear, a pair of pajama pants, and one of Kian's band t-shirts. He could still see her in the sexy nightgown from last night.
"C'mon, daddy....the kids are hungry." she teased. Kian got dressed in some pajamas, and headed downstairs to make breakfast. Haley went into Jacob's room, smiling as he put his hands on the rail of his cot, jumping as she entered.
"Mummy!" Jacob shouted excitedly, throwing his arms up in joy as she picked him up.
"You're awake. Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Haley asked, tickling him a little. He giggled, and Haley carried him to Farrah's room.
"Fah-la! Sun up!" Jacob squealed; he was still working on saying his big sister's name. Farrah rolled over in bed, smiling at her little brother.
"Mummy! I had the best dream last night!" Farrah said, getting up. She hugged her mummy and gave her little brother a kiss. "I went on a magic carpet ride! I went to Arendel, and then to Neverland!"
"That sounds so nice, dolly!" Haley said, taking the kids downstairs.

Emma was setting the table for breakfast. Kian was pouring coffee and frying some bacon when Haley walked into the kitchen. Emma looked up, smiling
"Hey Haley! I slept really good last night! I played a puzzle game, and then watched Anastasia. Remember watching it when you babysat me?"
"Of course, honey. You were such a big help when I did."
"What are we doing today, Daddy?" Farrah asked, playing with her scrambled eggs and cheese.
"We're going to the zoo today. Remember, it's back to school tomorrow, so you have to get to bed early."
"Yeah." She said, dropping her cutlery on the plate.

The usual morning routine followed. The afternoon at the zoo was great. Emma hadn't been on a big outing since Jac died, so bringing her along was the best thing. Jacob loved roaring at the big cat exhibits, trying to imitate the lions and tigers. Farrah enjoyed the giraffes, who were her favourite animals. Emma laughed when she saw Farrah pointing at a large elephant.

All three of the kids were wiped out when they came home. Farrah and Jake went straight to bed while Haley and Kian got dinner ready. They talked about random things.

"Emma has an appointment with her counselor tomorrow." Kian said, stirring the spaghetti sauce in front of him. "She seems worried about that whole situation with her mom."
"You're right. Poor girl. At least her dad gave us a heads-up about her pediatrician, that's Wednesday. And she has football practice on Friday. Before you know it, Farrah and Jacob will be doing sports, or after school activities." Haley said, putting two plates onto the counter. Kian reached across, wrapping her in his arms from behind.
"Speaking of afternoons...do you want to tonight?" Kian asked, nibbling her neck. Haley hummed, letting him kiss her hair.
"Let's go with the flow...getting pregnant takes time." Haley said. "I still want a third baby. Oh! And I'm making a memory gift for Emma. It's going to be pictures of her and Jac. Do you think she'd like a scrapbook or a charm bracelet using shrink art?"
"I don't know Haley..." Kian trailed off, nuzzling her hair affectionately, kissing the side of her neck. "How about both?"
"Is there a way to get Jac's phone? It might have some more pictures on it."
"I'll ask Fletch, he has her stuff." Kian said.

After dinner, they all watched a movie together. Jacob fell asleep on Haley's lap. She was trying not to show the fact that she was uncomfortable with having him there. When the credits started rolling, she gently placed Jacob in his crib. Kian tucked him in.
"Do you want to take a shower?" she asked Kian, giving him a quick peck.
"Sure. The kids are all in bed, want to join me?"
"Of course, Kian." she answered, grinning at him.
They both headed towards the bathroom, exchanging smiles. Haley turned the shower on, turning around to face her husband when he entered. She let out a squeak when Kian pressed her against the wall, cupping her jaw softly.
He leaned forward, connecting his lips with hers gently, slowly. His soapy hand slid into her hair, tilting her head back. Her breasts pressed against his chest. They kissed tenderly, slowly. A moment later he drew away, leaving her dazed.
"Wow." Haley gasped.
"Yeah." Kian agreed, brushing his lips across hers again. "You're beautiful." he whispered.
"So are you." she responded, leaning forward to kiss him again. She sudsed up him black hair, massaging soap into it. She moved her hands to run down his torso and stomach, stopping at his hips. "Kian." she whispered, tugging on his shirt.
"Yes, love." He responded, stepping away slightly to peel it over his head. He stepped under the shower, and she joined him. It took everything not to make out right there. They dried each other off, getting their pajamas on. Haley crawled into bed, Kian following suit. She curled into him, resting her head on his chest. He wrapped his arm loosely around her. She sighed contently.
"Thank you. For helping. For everything." she mumbled. He chuckled.
"Anything for my beautiful wife." He replied. As much as they wanted to make love again, they knew it was a big day tomorrow. They didn't want to rush things. But the thought of her becoming pregnant again made him happy.