Chapter Twenty-one

“Wait

“Wait. Am I doing this right?” Raven grimaced as he looked down at the baking pan in front of him. He looked over at the skillet I was placing on the stove, strips of beef spread around its surface. “Do you want to trade?” he asked, nodding toward the pan. “How about I take over making the Korean stir fry and you can take over making dessert?”

“You want to trade? When I’m pretty much done with the dish?” I chuckled. “Doesn’t seem like a fair trade to me, Raven.”

“Uh, it’s totally a fair trade. If you cook everything, we both get to have a delicious dinner. But if you let me burn the cookies, we both lose,” he argued.

“I would hate biting into a burnt cookie,” I admitted as I walked over to him. I moved the pan away from him and placed it on a separate counter. “But if I’m cooking everything, you’ll need to at least keep me entertained.”

“Oh, I can keep you entertained.” He winked, starting to playfully shake his hips back and forth.

I chuckled again as I grabbed for a wooden spoon, smoothing out the dough in the pan.

Things had been like this with Raven ever since the wedding. It felt like we’d been wrapped up in each other, the days starting to blend one after the next. I didn’t know the last time he had been back to his apartment, and I didn’t care.

Because I wanted him here. Because I always wanted him here.

Tonight, we were cooking dinner together. Or at least, I was cooking dinner. Raven had suggested the idea when we’d been cuddled up on my couch. He’d said that it would be healthier for us than ordering another plate of takeout, and I couldn’t disagree. Even though, the only reason we’d been ordering so much takeout was because he always got a little impatient when it came to our time spent in the bedroom, claiming that making meals from scratch was going to cut into our time together.

“You’d be hot as a chef,” he said with a huge grin on his face.

“Sorry, what? Am I not hot enough for you as a remote team manager?” I faked a horrified expression.

“Don’t even go there,” he sighed before he leaned into me, pressing his lips against mine. “You know exactly what I meant.”

“I did, but maybe I just wanted you to kiss me.” I grinned.

“Yeah? Well, the joke’s on you, because I wanted you to kiss me first--”

Just then, my doorbell rang out, loud and clear.

“One second,” I murmured to him and walked out of the room, heading straight for my front door.

I quickly pulled it open, already wanting to get back to Raven and the kitchen.

But I was surprised, when I saw my cousin standing right in front of me. “Eddie?”

“Are you sure?”