Chapter 8

After practice we take a quick lunch break. I walk over to Zeke's table where he is sitting with the rest of our friends.

When I sit down I see Lauren looking at me. Crap, I think still likes me.

A few months ago she asked me out, telling me that she had feelings for me. I just told her that I didn't feel the same way and after a while I thought her feelings for me had disappeared. I guess I was wrong.

"How's training so far?" Zeke asks us.

"Good." Lauren answer, plain and simple.

"What did you guys practice so far today?" Shauna asks.

"Shooting." I say.

"How did Uri do?" Zeke asks, obviously concerned for his brother.

"And Lynn?" Shauna adds.

"They are both doing really well, actually. So is..." Lauren answers, but I start to tune her out. I'm very good at tuning out my friends, I guess.

I look over at Tris'table for some reason. She is looking over at Edward and Myra who are kissing. She starts to talk to her friends about something which results to her blushing.

She's kind of cute.

"Who's kind of cute?" Zeke asks.

Crap, did I just say that outloud?

"Yeah, buddy, you did."

Geez, I really have to stop thinking outloud.

"You really do. Now seriously, who's cute?"

"I don't know, no one." I say. Lauren looks over at me, her face red with anger. Jealous.

"Awwwww, you like someone." Zeke says, his voice sounding like a teenage girl.

"No, I don't, really. I never said anything."

"Yeah, you did. I heard you." Zeke says.

"Me too." Shauna says.

"I didn't hear him say anthing." Lauren says, her face still filled with anger .

"Wow, I never thought you'd like anyone." Shauna says.

"Yeah, me neither. Your like an emotionless rat." Zeke adds.

"Gee, thanks and I don't like anyone, I sware." I say.

I look over at Zeke who ia giving me a look that says, I know your hiding something and Im going to get you to tell me.