Chapter 15

After the fight, Tris was placed in the infirmary. I'm pretty sure some of her friends are there too.

After the fight I walked to the chasm. I have this one rock where I always go and sit on when I need to be alone. After that decide I want to find Zeke so I can talk to him about what happened. He is my best friend and I know he won't tell people what happened.

I go to Zeke's apartment, knowing that he is probably home. When I knock on the door, he opens it right away. I know he is about to open his mouth and say some stupid remark, but right as he sees me face he shuts up.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

" I did something stupid." I answer.

"What this time?"

"I may or may not have made it pretty obvious to Eric, as well as to a room full of initiates, that I like someone. " I say. His eyes widen.

"Finally your admitting it, but why would you tell the entire world."

"I didn't mean to." I say.?

"Who?" he asks. " Who is it?"

He probably suspects its Lauren or something. He sees that I'm not answering.

"It's someone in Dauntless, right? If it's someone from another faction you know it's not going to work out, right?"

"Yeah, they're in Dauntless."

"Wait!" he says, realizing something. " Is it and initiate?"

I just look up at him.

"Oooohhhh, is it that Stiff?" he asks again.

How does he know that?

"She isn't a Stiff." I say.

"So that's a yes, it is her? What's her name again?"

"Tris."

"What did you do that was so stupid as to reveal your feeling?" he asks.

I explain what happened.

"You should tell her." Zeke says once the story is over.

"She probably doesn't like me back so I don't know why it matters." I say, causing Zeke to roll his eyes.

"Dude, you have to take some risks in life."

" I know, I will...eventually. Just don't tell Shauna or Lauren yet."

" Does Lauren still have a thing for you?" Zeke asks.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Just be sure to tell Tris before it's too late."

"I know, I will."

Maybe....