Chapter 21

Today the initiates are going to be learning how to throw knifes. Everyone shuffles in at the usual time and Eric gives his speech.

"Tomorrow will be the last day of stage one. You will resume your fighting then. Today, you'll be learning how to aim. Everyone pick up three knifes and pay attention while Four demonstrates how the correct technique for throwing knifes." he says.

Everyone just stands there.

"Now!" Eric screeched. Everyone runs to the table and picks up three daggers.

Eric is in a much worse mood today than usual. He is acting meaner and also his voice seems ten times deeper and scarier. He's just being stupid and jealous from me winning the game last night .

I have always done better in physical training then him. When we were initiates I knocked out one of his teeth during training. I have to make sure he doesn't get too mad because he knows some of my biggest secrets. He knows my name and about my past and had been threating to share them for two years.

I throw a few knifes, hitting the center of the target each time.

"Line up!" Eric orders.

Everyone starts throwing knifes at the targets, trying to hit the center. Everyone except for Tris. I think she's trying to get her throwing arm in the proper motion before she actually throws a knife.

"I think the Stiff's taken to many hits to the head. Hey, Stiff! Remember what a knife is?" Peter asks.

Tris grabs a knife and throws it at the target. It bounches off the edge of the target.

Wow! She's actually the first person to hit the target.

"Hey, Peter ! Remember what a target is?" Tris asks and I can't help but laugh.

-----------------------------------------

Fun Fact: In the Four Book you learn that Four actually did knock out a few of Eric's teeth during so training so yeah, if you didn't know that now you do.