Chapter 12

I walk into the cafeteria, looking for my friends. The only one there is Lauren.

"Lauren?" I ask her, sitting down in the empty seat across from her. She has a piece of paper along with a pen and seems to be writing. It probably has to do with the initiates progress or something.

"Yeah?" she asks, looking up from her paper.

"Do you have any ideas where Eric took my initiates earlier?" I ask.

"What kind of pansycake are you, leaving Eric alone with them?"

"I had to take someone to the infirmary. When I got back they were all gone and he just said he has dismissed them."

"So? Why are you worried?"

"Before he dismissed them he said that hetaught one of them a lesson." I say.

"Ohhhhhhhh."

"Yeah, do you have any idea where he took them or if someone died or something?"

"No, sorry, I don't. I was with the Dauntless-borns. Why did he have to teach them a lesson? Did one of them do something?" she asks.

"Knowing Eric one of their shoes came untied or something and he flipped. In his book that grounds for punishment."

"Yeah, if I were you I'd ask either Zeke or Shauna when they get back."

" I will," I say. "Where are they?"

" I don't know, probably on a date or something, to scared to confess their love for each other."

Yes, that right. Zeke is still too chicken to ask Shauna out.

"They should be back in about twenty minutes." Lauren adds.

"I'll just go ask the initiates, I guess." I say, standing up and leaving.

"Okay, bye, Four." she says, looking back at her paper.