Stay (M.C)

A/N: I don't have a clue who this was written by, found on tumblr by a friend on twitter. Credit to whoever wrote this.
New cover, new one shot. Hope you like.

Also thank you for all the reads, comments and votes. I do this book for all of you, and am so happy that you are enjoying it.♡
Song for this chapter: Stay by Mayday Parade (think that's what this is based on)

STAY, Michael One Shot:

“Michael, I’m so sorry” you said, tears running down your cheeks as you could barely look at him. Thinking it was best for your relationship, you decided to break up. Michael was going on tour and you were furthering your studies, you just couldn’t do it. Although you never wanted to break up with Michael. He was the one who understood you, he could make your day brighter just by being with you. Maybe that’s why you were breaking up, you were afraid of not having him there. You were afraid of the pain of missing him. For some reason when you were afraid, you would push everyone away. That’s exactly what you were doing with Michael, pushing him away. You hugged him and gave him one last kiss. His face now stained with tears, his eyes puffy and red. Before you said goodbye you told him “Please understand, if I see you again, don’t even say ‘hello’…please” your last word was whispered. If you ever did see Michael again, you knew you’d take him right back. It didn’t matter if it was tomorrow or 2 years from now, you would always love Michael. You watched him walk away to his car and then drive away. You closed your door and collapsed, sobbing on the floor.

*5 months later*

You sighed at the artwork in front of you. You’d gone to an art school, something you had dreamed about since you were a kid. It was great, it was full of great people but nobody as great as him. Although you thought you were getting over him, at least the nightmares had stopped. Every night you would have nightmares of the day you left him. Something was different about the dreams though, the roles were reversed. It was always Michael standing there screaming at you to leave. You’d woke up every night with tears streaming down your face. For about the first month you had always woke up screaming, but eventually it had just turned into silent tears.

Music was blasting throughout your room. That’s when you heard it pause, and you looked around the room. Your roommate walked in saying “There’s someone named Michael at the door, he asked to see you”. It couldn’t be him, you thought. How did he even find you, why did he want to find you. You questioned whether or not to even get up. Taking a deep breath, you walked out of your door and peered down the hallway. He was sitting on the couch staring at his shoes. Of course he was wearing his usual black jeans and an old worn t-shirt of some band that he loved. As you walked into the living room he lifted his head to look at you, he immediately stood up. “Michael..” you began to say. “(Y/N), please. I really need to talk to you” he said, cutting you off. His eyes were not the lively and bright Michael that you’d always known. They were empty, and he had dark circles and bags under his eyes. His face was nearly emotionless, but there was a dull sadness that surrounded it. He looked thinner, as if he hadn’t eaten in a while. “Can you tell I haven’t slept very well since the last time that we spoke?” he said, noticing your total examination of him. “Nothing’s been the same, (Y/N). All the love that I had is still there. I never even thought once about anybody else but you. These last 5 months have been absolute hell. I’ve been drinking again, and all I do is hope. I just need you. And God, if you’re anything like you were before you left me, you need me too. Just stay this time. Please, stay.” Tears were now streaming down his face. “Michael, I’m sorry. I’m not strong enough for the both of us. What was I supposed to do?” You said to him. He looked at you in the eyes “Just say you love me, and I’ll say I’m sorry. I don’t want anybody else to feel this way” he said, his hand lightly touching your face. “You know I love you” you told Michael, being completely honest with him. “I’m so sorry” he said. The words echoed in your mind about that terrible last day. He lightly brushed his lips against yours, a bit unsure of himself. When you started kissing him back, that’s when he knew everything was okay again. Both of you were forgiven from everything, all of the love was still there. “Please stay” you whispered to Michael as he pulled you into a tight embrace. The rest of the night you two discussed how your lives have been. It felt so great to finally be back in his arms.