Too Broken (Ashton)

Once again, play the song whilst reading :)

‘Why didn’t you just stay there then?’ You hurled at your boyfriend, Ashton, as the car sped down the highway. It was yet another argument about the upcoming tour.

‘What? I wanted to come back to you! We just need to go back to finish our album.’ He screamed back. Of course you knew this, you were just upset about the fact that he was leaving and you would be alone. Again.

‘Why can’t you finish it here?! I’m sure there’s good songwriters here. There were for your first album!’ You pleaded, begging for him to stay.

‘That’s changed now, our sound’s changed. You know this, why are you doing this? I need your fucking support!’

‘ALL I EVER DO IS FUCKING SUPPORT YOU. What about my life? I’m not just going to sit and wait for you. I need someone who’s there for me.’ You spat out

‘Are you saying I’m not there for you? I do my best.’

‘Well, maybe that’s not good enough for me anymore.’

‘What are you saying?’ His voice was now timid, unsure of itself.

‘Maybe we’re not what each other need anymore…’ Your voice matched his. Your heart pumped faster against you chest as you realised what you had just said.

Ashton took his eyes of the road to look at you with disbelief. It was only a second. But a second was all it took for him to miss the blinding gleam of headlights.

A deafening crash filled the air as a car collided with another, much larger vehicle. Your eyes were still blinded from the light but you could feel a strong arm reach over you and hold you down into your seat.

‘HOLD ON’ He shouted. You could tell that he was trying to keep the fear in his voice to a minimum. Even in a situation like this he was doing what he had always done. Reassured you, kept you safe, looked after you.

Time stood still as the metal interior of the driver side collapsed in on itself. You felt the loss of security from Ashton’s arm as he was flung from his seat across the dashboard.

You sat forward so you was facing his turned head. You desperately scrabbled at it, trying to turn him to face you. When you finally achieved this all you could see was blood disfiguring his perfect face. His eyes were shut.

‘ASHTON. Ash. Please. Wake up, for me. I love you. Ash…’ You implored.

‘Y/N’ A weak voice spoke out before he slowly opened his eyes. ‘I love you. You know that? Whatever I said, I always knew you were the one for me.’

‘I love you too Ashton. I’m so sorry for what I said, we are right for each other. I couldn’t be me without you. You’ve made the best of me.’

‘I need you to do something for me, okay? I need you to not be scared. You’re safe now, someone will find you and you’ll be okay. You’ll live a long life, you’ll meet someone else. I know that. I don’t want you to feel guilty when you realise that you love this person, you just carry on loving him. Then you’ll have children, they’ll be beautiful; just like you.’

‘Ashton, you’re not saying goodbye. You’ll be okay too. Yes, I’ll have children but they’ll be with you. I don’t want anyone else, you’re all I want, all I’ve ever wanted. I won’t fall in love with someone else because I’m always going to be in love with you.’

‘You’ll fall in love again and he’ll be the luckiest guy on earth. Just promise me, you won’t forget about me? You won’t forget about all the memories we had or how happy we were.’

‘You’re not leaving me! You’re going to be fine, we’ll just get you to the hospital they’ll fix you. You can’t go!’

‘Y/N. They won’t fix me, I’m too broken now. Can you tell the boys that I said bye? Tell Cal that I’ll miss our dates. Michael needs to know that I cheated on the game of fifa against him two years ago, that’s the only reason I won. And tell Luke…Tell Luke that he’s going to be fine, tell him to be sure of himself and his talent. Oh and tell my family that I love them and I was thinking about them during the last minutes.’ He was fighting for breath now, his organs were slowly shutting down.

‘Ash. I love you so much. Please, don’t go. Don’t.’ My tears were openly flowing now and Ashton used the last of the strength in his broken body to lift a shaky hand and tenderly brush the tears away with the pad of his thumb.

‘I’ll still be here. I’ll be with you always. I’d be stupid to leave a girl like you. I love you. So much.’ He gasped out. With that his beautiful hazel eyes closed for the last time, his lashes fluttered onto his cheekbone to stay there for eternity.

‘No. Ash, ASHTON. You can’t. Please, come back. I need you.’ You violently shook the lifeless body that once held the most beautiful, kind soul that you had ever known. You stopped, realising it was useless. You erratically breathed out. Your hand reached to stroke his cheek, already missing the dimples that so often marked them.

‘I love you. Bye Ashton Irwin, for now.’

By UghAshtonIrwin on Tumblr again, damn her one shots are just too good, I could literally cry.