I'm Half A Heart Without You (Ashton)

You and Ashton were only twenty-two years old when you got married. You were both still young but knew you were meant to be, and soon you found out you were pregnant. Nothing could compare to the look on Ashton’s face when you told him the news, him being over the moon that he could start a family with you.

- 7 months pregnant.
Ashton’s hands were placed on your  huge belly as he stared at it in awe, feeling your baby kicking against his hands. He leaned in closer so his face was on eyelevel with the baby bump.
“Hey baby, it’s your daddy. You’ve been in there for quite a while now haven’t ya? Bet you like it in there.”
His lips turned into a dimple-showing smile as the baby kicked again, reacting to the voice of its father.
You looked down at him, running you fingers through his hair as his eyes shot upwards. “I can’t believe the baby kicked when it heard my voice.”
He was still staring at my belly with a look in his eyes you’d only seen a few times, it was as if he saw the sun rising for the first time in his life, as if he stepped outside for the very first time. A smile crossed your face as he looked up at you.
“I love you so much. I can’t believe you’re carrying my baby – I mean our baby.”
He rose to his feet and placed his arms around your waist, leaning his elbows on your belly. You two stood like that for a few minutes, looking at each other and giving each other stupid smiles.
“You’re going to be a great dad, Ash.” You ran your hands through his hair again, pulling at it slightly making him giggle.
“We’re going to be great parents, Mrs. Irwin.”

-  Your Daughter’s 3rd birthday.

Your baby girl was stumbling around the garden as she was being chased by her uncle Michael, her laugh filling everyone’s ears as she was picked up and spun around.
Your eyes scanned the people that were attending your daughter’s birthday party; all of your husband’s band members were here together with the rest of your friends and family. The corner of your lips curled upwards as you felt a pair of strong arms around your stomach.
“Hi princess, you enjoying yourself?” His head was leaning on yours as you put your hands on top of his.
“She’s growing up so fast,” I replied, biting back some tears and turning around in his arms so I was facing him. His eyes shot from his daughter towards me, a big smile on his face as he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my cheek.
“I know, she’s already three years old. I remember when I held her for the first time as if it was yesterday.”
Memories of Ashton with your newborn baby washed over you, making you smile and stroke his cheek. He had looked so happy when he held your daughter in his arms, it was as if her body was made for his arms.
“Yeah, time goes by so fast. Just a few more years and she’ll be an annoying teenager.”
Ashton grinned and pecked my lips, dropping his arms from my waist and pulling me in a hug.
“Yeah, let’s just enjoy this time while we can.”

- 5 Years Anniversary.

You were looking at your reflection in the mirror, admiring the dress you were wearing for your anniversary. It accentuated the curves Ashton loved so much and was a beautiful, deep red colour, a colour Ashton loved on you.
You smiled at the mirror happily, left the bedroom and walked downstairs; ready to leave the house. Ashton was going to pick you up in five minutes after he dropped your daughter of at Michael’s house, she’d often stay there because Michael and she couldn’t get enough of each other.
You sat down at the kitchen table and looked at the pictures that were hanging on the wall; there was one where you were pregnant and Ashton stood behind you, his arms wrapped around your belly and locking hands with yours. There was another one hanging next to it, where you sat in a hospital bed with Ashton beside you and your newborn daughter in your arms. She was just hours old when the picture was taken, and Ashton had come back from his world tour the day before.
The corner of your lips curled upwards as the memories came back at you, making you realise how lucky you were to have Ashton as your husband.
You stood up and walked to the hallway, grabbing your coat and putting it on before sitting down again on the chair that was standing next to you.
Fifteen minutes went by and you were still sat there, waiting for Ashton to show up. You weren’t that worried yet, he’d never been a person that was right on time, but when he still wasn’t there half an hour later, you started to panic.
You were passing around in your living room, hair messed up because you had ran your fingers through it so many times in frustration and mascara under your eyes because tears had slipped down your cheeks.
You grabbed your phone from the table, dialling the first number that came to your mind.
“Have you seen Ashton? He’s not here yet and it’s only a ten minute drive.” You almost choked on your words as you didn’t give him any time to answer the phone properly.
“What, isn’t he there yet? He left fifty minutes ago saying he’d take you on a date.” Panic was slipping into his voice as he answered your question. Your hand went back to your hair, pulling it in frustration as you asked Michael to come over, instructing him to leave your daughter with his girlfriend, knowing you wouldn’t be able to protect your daughter from your negative energy. Michael agreed and said he’d be there in ten, and then the only thing that could be heard was an annoying, beeping tone.
You threw your phone on the ground, scenarios of things that possibly could’ve happened to Ashton playing in your head.
You snapped out of your thoughts when the doorbell rang. You looked at the clock; only five minutes had passed since your phone call with Michael and the possibility of him being here already was small.
With hope building up from the bottom of your heart, you walked to the door and opened it; hoping to see Ashton’s face but being disappointed with Michael standing there.
He walked in without saying anything and after you closed the door, he engulfed you in a hug. Soft sobs left your mouth as you leaned against his chest, feeling Michael softly stroking your hair.
“It’s going to be fine, [Name], he’s probably just having trouble with traffic,” Michael whispered in your ear, trying to make you feel a little better. You stepped back, wiping your eyes and nodding your head.
“Yes that’s probably it. He’s such a good driver, he couldn’t get in an accident, right?” Panic was blurring your thoughts as you sat down on the couch next to Michael.
You sat there for an hour, the worries you both had growing bigger by the second.
“Why isn’t he here Michael? He would’ve called for God’s sake!” You jumped up crying, just when the phone rang. Your eyes widened and you looked at Michael, before jumping to grab it.
“Ash?”
“Miss, I’m from the police and there has been a car accident with a car that was on your name.” The phone fell out of your hand as you used both of your hands to cover your mouth, inhuman noises coming from your mouth while tears were running down your face.
“Miss? Miss?” The person on the phone called for you, but you couldn’t move. Your body was frozen as you tried to ignore what they had said. It was impossible for Ashton to get in an accident, it was simply impossible.
Michael picked up the phone and talked to the person on the other side of the phone for a while, before hanging up and grabbing your coat from the couch and taking your hand.
“[Name], they have no idea who was in the car. Maybe it was stolen and someone crashed it?” Michael tried to stay as positive as possible as you felt your world crumbling down. You knew it was hoping for nothing when Michael drove you two to the place the accident had taken place, you tried ignoring the little voice in your head that said he could still be alive.
There were loads of police and an ambulance surrounding the car that crashed on the side of the road. As soon as Michael had pulled over, you jumped out of the car and ran towards the car, ignoring the voices that said you couldn’t come closer.
Your heart stopped beating when you saw his body laying next to the car; his legs were in a weird position that could only mean his bones were broken and his face was bruised.
Your knees gave out as you let out a loud scream, falling to the ground while screaming Ashton’s name. Your mind went absolutely blank when you crawled towards him on your knees, not believing he had stopped breathing. You had a blurred vision when you felt someone’s arms wrap around your body, pulling you away from his dead body.
You tried to fight the person who was holding you, wanting to stay as close to your husband as possible while you were still screaming his name.
“LET ME GO MICHAEL, LET ME BE WITH HIM.”
Michael only wrapped his arms around your body tighter, turning you around so your head was resting against his chest. Your tears stained his shirt as you banged on his chest, fighting the fact everything you’ve built had just come crumbling down within seconds.
“HE CAN’T BE GONE MICHAEL, HE CAN’T BE.” Your voice got stuck in your throat as you turned around and looked at your husband’s body, one of your hands in front of your mouth to silence the screams that were still leaving your throat. The only thing that kept you standing at this moment were Michael’s arms, wrapped tight around your waist as you fell into him.
“He can’t be gone Michael, he just can’t be. It can’t be him,” you sobbed into his chest, pulling your hair as your voice broke.
Michael’s tears fell on the top of your head as the policemen tried to guide you away from the car.
“I can’t believe it either [Name], I really can’t.”

- 3 Years Later, Day of his Death, present.

You were standing in front of his stone with the hand of your eight year old daughter in yours. Tears were threatening to spill from your eyes as you felt your daughter’s arm wrapping around your leg.
“Mommy what happened to daddy? Why is he gone?” Her voice was quiet as she looked up at you, her eyes big with confusion. You had never told your daughter what happened to her father, not able to relive that day again. You closed your eyes and sank to the ground so you were on eyelevel with your baby girl. You looked into her eyes that were the same colour as Ashton’s used to be, pushing a strand of hair behind her hair. Tears filled your eyes as the terrible memories came back at you.
“Daddy died three years ago in a car crash. A guy that had been drinking accidentally bumped his car into daddy’s.”
A tear slid down both of their cheeks as they looked each other in the eyes.
“Do you think daddy knows we miss him?” The tears were starting to fall faster from her hazel eyes as she looked down at the ground.
You pulled your daughter into your arms, rubbing circles on her back as you tried not to cry. “I’m sure daddy does. He’s probably looking at us right now from up there.”
You pointed to the sky as she stepped back, looking up at the blue sky.
“Daddy, me and mommy miss you. Can you please come back?”
You wiped away your tears as you looked at your daughter who was still looking up at the sky, tears rolling down her cheeks as she talked to her daddy.
You once again wrapped your arms around her body, pulling her closer as you buried your face in the crook of her small neck.
“Daddy’s not coming back, baby, but mommy knows he loves us and I want you to remember that okay?”
Out of nowhere, rain started to fall down.
And it was Ashton who was looking down at his wife and daughter crying over him.

Credit to whoever wrote this; please check out my newest stories Alibi (luke), The Monster (harry) and Troubled (drew + written by Bella, not me)