Rainy Season (Ashton)

Based on Rainy Season by Hunter Hayes, and this one was written by thoseaussiekids on Tumblr. Check her out, and check out the song, which btw, is to the side :)

"God dammit! Would you just shut up?!"

"Well maybe I should just go on tour and never come back!"

"You’re being a bitch!"

"I didn’t cheat on you, maybe if you trusted me for one second you’d know!"

Hostile words and phrases re-winded in your mind over and over. And the worst part was they were all from your boyfriend’s mouth. Fighting was your favorite- and only- couple’s activity at this point, and it made your stomach turn whenever you thought back to the words, door slamming, and wall punching that went on during your endless brawls.

You walked into your kitchen to prepare a cup of tea when you heard the front door open and slam shut.

Oh great, Ashton’s home, you thought. You dreaded the time he came home because you knew, you just knew he would find something to nit-pick and start a fight with. Sometimes you believed he started these fights on purpose. Like there was something that possessed him to see you cry or see red in your face with pure rage for him.

"Where are you?" Ashton called out, pounding his feet as he walked. 

"Kitchen," You called out in monotone, not looking forward to whatever confrontation was coming. Ashton entered, sitting on the counter and watching as you poured your tea and prepared it with some milk and two sugars.

"Why do you use milk? Why not use cream? I bet you it would taste a lot better." He spoke, clearly a bit perturbed on how you took your tea. But all you think was ‘Why the hell does he want to argue with me about my tea? He’s not drinking it’. 

You threw your spoon in the sink and looked back at him, fed up with his constant nit-pick and over analyzing of your every movement, trait, and word you spoke.

You’d had enough of it, so you let out exactly what you were thinking.

"What the hell is wrong with you Ashton? You’re an asshole."

He seemed taken aback by your hostile and slightly harsh words, and something seemed to snap in him. Actually, not snap, more like something crack and it just kept getting bigger and bigger until he finally spoke the two words you had waited to hear for so long.

"I’m sorry."

Ashton fell to ground on his knees, violently shaking his head and grabbing at his wavy hair that was getting messier by the second. Your eyes soften at the sight of your boyfriend crying and you immediately sunk down next to him and pulled him into your arms.

"I’m sorry, I’m so sorry… I’m a fucking asshole… I don’t deserve you…" Ashton’s muttered out the words between sobs that shook his whole body. His words were spoken as if they were a dagger stabbing him in the stomach, over and over. You heart was breaking as he cried and mumbled words that were absolutely untrue. Sure, he may have picked fights and been a complete jerk, but there was a reason behind his pain. And you were going to get it out of him.

"Ash, you aren’t an asshole, I was being mean. I snapped. And I do deserve you. But why all of this? Why all of the picking fights and smarky comments? We’re breaking apart Ashton, our relationship is all thunderstorms and tornadoes… Please, tell me Ash…" 

Shaking his head, he mumbled into your shoulder, “I’m not… I’m not good enough. Everything I do is wrong and I’m in pain form it. I’m angry about it. And I took it out on you and it’s not fair. I’m sorry…"

You pulled away, looking in Ashton’s eyes and wiping at them. You shook your head, refusing to believe this was the reason behind Ashton anger. He couldn’t feel like this, he shouldn’t feel like that. Ever.

"No Ash, you don’t get it do you? You’re perfect. At everything you do. And I don’t want you to feel like that. I want my happy, carefree Ash. We’ll work this out, I promise. We’ll work it out." You whispered, running your hands through his wavy hair, rubbing his back gently.

He looked up at you, sniffling and wiping his eyes. He nodded, pulling you in for a tight hug and whispered, “I love you. So much."

"I love you to Ashton, we’re just having a rainy season. We’ll be good."

He pulled away slightly and closed the gap between you two, kissing you gently. And when you kissed back, you knew that the clouds were moving on and the sun was starting peek through.

It was all going to be okay.