Notes (Michael)

Press play on the song to the side, and listen whilst reading this. Warning-- Very emotional:(

‘Hey babe!’ Michael’s chirpy voice rang out, his large frame engulfing you with a hug.

‘You’re cheery today, who are you and what’s happened to my real boyfriend?’ You cheekily asked.

Michael pouted, pushing his bottom lip out.

‘Am I not allowed to be excited to see my beautiful girlfriend now?’ He jokingly retorted. You giggled. ‘Anyway,’ he continued, ‘I’ve got news!’

‘Oooh, sounds interesting. What is it?’

‘I’ve thought of a game. Tomorrow, you’re going to have a hunt. Kind of like what you do at Easter, you know? I’ll leave notes in special places. Each note gives a clue to the next note, you follow me? There’s going to be something special at the end too.’ He grinned, obviously proud of himself for thinking of it. You smiled,

‘Sounds amazing. Corny, cliché and romantic but still, amazing. I can’t wait.’ You replied, genuinely meaning every word you had said.

‘Okay, well. I’ll text you in the morning with the details. Remember, I love you.’

‘I love you too.’

‘And you know that you’ve made my life better? Like, I couldn’t imagine how I would’ve turned out if it wasn’t for you. You know that right?’ Michael stated. His eyes were boring into your own, as if he was pleading with you to understand.

‘What’s this Michael? You’re being weird…’

‘I’m fine. It’s just-never mind.’

‘Okay? I better go, love you!’ You turned around to head home.

‘Y/N, wait!’ Michael’s hand wrapped around your wrist, pulling you back to him. ‘Where’s my goodbye kiss?’

You laughed and pecked his lips, only for his hand to appear at the back of your head. He deepened the kiss and you were surprised; he wasn’t usually this affectionate.

You both pulled back and smiled.

‘Goodbye Y/N, I love you. Don’t forget that.’ Michael whispered, a slight edge to his voice.

‘I love you too, you know that Mikey.’

‘Okay, I was just making sure we’re on the same page, that’s all. Bye, Y/N.’ With that Michael spun on his heel and started walking away from you. He turned every other step and stared at you, as if trying to commit your face to memory.

~~

You awoke early the next morning. You lay sprawled out as your eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. You mind wandered back to the previous evening.

Michael

You scrabbled for your phone, hoping that he had already text.

(1) New Message From: Michael Clifford <3 1:32am

Hey you, the first clue is at the place where I first said that I loved you x

You read and reread the text. It puzzled you slightly that he had sent it so early in the morning but your mind quickly turned to other matters; where to find the first note. You tried to rewind the years, tried to remember the exact day that Michael declared his love. What were you doing? Where were you?

The park.

That must be it, you were sure of it. You jumped out of bed and swiftly walked to your wardrobe. Throwing on anything, you walked through your door and down the stairs.