Nothing (Ashton)

This is based on the song 'Nothing' by Lewis Watson. The song is on the side for those who may want to listen, his voice is beautiful, so so beautiul.

The door falls shut behind you with a satisfying click. You whistle a tuneless melody as you arrange your bags on the counter of your little flat. You wordlessly pull your books out of your school bag. Ruffling through the pages of your calendar your eyebrows raise as a battered envelope falls out of the pages. 

You pick up the harshly stained envelope and examine it closely. You can faintly make out your name with an address. Rain had gotten the best of it, running the ink in all directions. But you could make out the postage mark. Squinting you could see it was mailed from an in recognizable city in Ohio. 

Puzzled you allow your finger to break through the glue holding the letter inside. You flip the flap open and a neatly folded page drops onto the counter. You slowly unfold you letter. It’s written in boyish handwriting, an all too familiar scrawl. After taking a deep breath and drumming your fingers against the cool counter you allow your eyes to fall onto the words. 

Dear Y/N,

I know I didn’t leave things in the best way. Scratch that- that was me putting it lightly. I fucking messed up, I screwed you over and I don’t blame you if you hate me. I kind of hate me too. Not only did I lead you on and play with your heart I left you behind. 

I thought that I would feel less guilty when I was far away from you. I’d throw myself into my music and keep my focus on playing shows. I’d be so busy I wouldn’t know what city I was in, let alone have time to think about the mistakes I made with you. Maybe I’d even find someone new, a rebound girl to get me back in the game. 

Unfortunately, the distance only made it worse. Your eyes haunt me. Every time I close my eyes I see you on that day, looking at me. Your eyes are brimming with tears, dull compared to your usual sparkle. Wetness cascading down your cheeks, makeup smudged. Hands gripping at your hair, looking like you don’t know whether to run away from the world or curl up in a ball on the floor. 

I think of all the pain I caused you and how I can never go back and take it away. And that rips at my heart, Y/N. I think about you every second of everyday. Have you moved on? Is there someone new? Someone who treats you better than I did? Someone who gives you what you deserve?

The truth is, Y/N, that I’ve had a lot of time to think on the road. I’ve sat in planes, cars, our bus, in different cities and countries and my thoughts all came back to you. I’ve realized that I have nothing- I am nothing, without you. 

I know I’ve caused you so much pain. I don’t blame you if you never want to see or speak to me again. Which is why I wrote this letter, so you could tear it up if you wanted to pretend it never happened. Maybe that you never even met me at all. And that would be okay, because I want you to be happy. 

The truth is, that I was wrong. I want you in every aspect of my life. I want you to be the last thing I see before I go to sleep and the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. I want to be your everything, because you’re already my everything. 

I know I’m only 18, and we have our whole lives ahead of us, but forever with you sounds like the best and only thing in my life. 

I wish I could show you all of the things I could offer you. Push all of the bullshit of the past behind us and start brand new. I wish I could be your security, your rock, your safety. 

I would give anything and everything for you. You’re my one and only and they’ll never be anyone else. I don’t think I can continue on without you anymore. 

I want to take you home to my family and introduce you to my mum. Watch you talk clothes and shoes with my sister and play games with Harry. I want you to fill all the cracks in my life. 

I hate being away from you because it feels like a piece of me is missing. I wish that I could hold you in my arms, play with your hair, even just hear you laugh. I need you next to me. 

I’m not sure how you feel about me anymore. To be honest I wonder if you ripped this letter up when you saw who it was from. If I were you I probably would’ve done the same. But if you stuck with me this long, I want you to know that I’m truly sorry for all the pain I put you through. You deserve the world and if you would have me again I’d like to show it to you. 

So if you’ve made it this far, I want you to know that I want you to be the one, my only one. Would you like that too?

All my love,

Ashton 

Your tears flow freely on the paper, smudging his messy scrawl. You reread the words over and over until you nearly have them memorized. You pick up the envelope subconsciously and you feel another paper lodged inside. You peer inside and find a tattered photograph. 

Flipping it over it reads: 
"I’ve kept this on my pocket, during every show. I guess you could say that you’re my good luck charm"

The photo is slightly folded but is a shot of you and Ashton, the first day you met. His arm is loose on his shoulders, and he’s grinning at the camera. His brown/hazel eyes are sparkling and you can’t remember a time you felt or looked that happy. 

You clutch the photo and the letter to your chest, allowing the tears to flow freely from your eyes, running onto your shirt. After a long while the tears seem to have run dry. You blink away the sore redness from your eyes. 

Your hands navigate through your purse and retrieve your phone, dialing in a familiar number. It rings twice and a familiar voice answers on the third tone. 

"I was hoping you would call." Three months, three months since you last heard his voice. And hearing him utter six words, six simple words, brought back every ounce of feelings you had for him. 

This is amazing, do you agree? Or do you agree? Well this one was written by mishaps-of-michaela.tumblr.com again. She has the best One Shots if I'm honest, I honestly do like her writing.

Remember, I love you a lottle. It's like a little, but a lot;)