Wedding Date (Ashton)

Finally, a cute one. This was written by 5secondsofwriting :)

Today was the big day. Not yours, but your cousin’s. She’s getting married today, and you were chosen as one of her bridesmaids. You had sacrificed many days off in the months leading up to attend wedding rehearsals, help your cousin go shopping for items and help your other cousins and relatives organise a Hens Night as well. You honestly couldn’t wait for this day to be over, so that life could fin ally return back to normal after many months of planning and you could actually spend a weekend with my friends and not get interrupted with phone calls discussing wedding details.

“Y/N COME ON!” your mum calls out. You hurriedly get out of the bathroom after finishing applying your lip gloss and move towards my mother, cousin and all the other bridesmaids.

“You have to walk up the aisle soon, find Ashton like now!” Ally, one of the other bridesmaids instructs you, pointing her hands towards the entrance to the church.

As you walk away from the frantic bridal party, and towards the entrance of the church, you were handed a bunch of flowers to hold as you walk down the aisle. You immediately grab the flowers when you notice Ashton – your partner for the event walk up closer to me. Once he was in within reach, he leans downward and smiles at you before linking arms and starting to walk down the aisle. Although the entire crowd is staring at you both – noticing every movement as you walk down, all you can notice is the heat coming between Ashton and yourself.

Being partners with Ashton for the past few months and attending many rehearsals together, you’ve gotten to know him really well. He’s a bit older than you, but he’s the sweetest guy in the world. He really cares for his family (including his cousin who is the groom), and loves anything and everything about music. Whilst getting to know him, you may have also sort of, kind of, fallen for him.

“Are you alright there?” Ally asks you once you break apart from Ashton and stand next to her at the other end of the church closest to the altar.

“Yeah yeah, totally fine” you mumble, trying to hide the blush forming on your face.

“If you say so…” Ally whispers, unconvinced from your answer but still brushes it off.

Finally! The wedding was over. All the stress related to it was gone now, and now you’re at the reception where you know you can truly relax and celebrate now. Your cousin has just finished talking to you about her excitement about her upcoming honeymoon to the Caribbean when you feel a small tap on the back of your shoulder. You turn around to surprisingly see Ashton standing there – looking as gorgeous as ever.

“Hey Y/N…” Ashton greets himself; as you hop out of your chair so that you are facing him

“Hey Ash, what’s up?” you ask him, fiddling with your fingers waiting for a response

“Oh not much, I was just wondering… would you care to dance?” Ashton offers

“D-dance, with you?” you question. Gosh, what a stupid question to ask!

“Haha, yes, of course with me” Ashton chuckles, answering your question

“Yeah, I figured. Silly me – always speaking before I think” you comment to which Ashton simply raises his eyebrows – indicating that you haven’t yet accepted or declined his offer

“So…?” he asks you

“Oh yeah, I’d love to” you finally reply.

Ashton then intertwines one of our hands together; his warm skin connecting with yours as you move closer towards the dance floor where other couples and groups of friends are also spotted dancing. He then grabs my other hand and joins them together as well as you sway along to the music. It wasn’t too fast but not too slow either which you liked, but just as you think about it, the DJ decides to put on somereally slow music. You start to back away from Ashton as you consider it to be kind of awkward, I mean, you’re sure he has a girlfriend (why wouldn’t he?! I mean look at him!), so you didn’t want to intrude and the ‘home wrecker’.

“Where are you going?” Ashton softly questions you, making you stop in your tracks

“I’m sure your girlfriend wouldn’t like to hear about me slow dancing with you…” you mumble to yourself, unaware that Ashton also heard it

“I don’t have a girlfriend” he clearly states

“Oh…” you whisper back, as a shocked reaction clearly displays on your face.

“So, can we dance, please?” He begs. After a few moments you surrender to his words and start to move closer towards him once again as you start to dance. He places one arm around your back, and the other hand interlocked with yours. You both move in silence, letting the music play through the background until Ashton moves closer, breaking any form of personal space and whispers in your ear

“You are honestly the most beautiful girl in the room tonight…”

You smile and look up towards him (probably blushing like crazy); “I doubt it. No-one can compete with the bride” you comment

“Well then you are the most beautiful one in my eyes” Ashton replies, his hot breath against your ear sends shivers down your spine.

“So are you…” you hesitantly confess, a small smile appearing on his face

“You know what Ash? Oh wait, you wouldn’t know yet since I haven’t told you yet, gosh how silly am I. Anyways, what I was going to say was that as much as I’m relieved that all the stress and issues related to this wedding are gone now, I’m also quite sad, b-“

“Why are you sad love?” Ashton suddenly interrupts you and questions.

“- because, we won’t be able to hang out with each other anymore… I’ve really grown to like you.” you finish, putting my head down in both fear and embarrassment and decide to focus on your moving feet as you await Ashton’s response.

“I like you too. But not in the same way” he replies. What’s that supposed to mean? He doesn’t like me at all? Oh gosh.

“What do you mean?” you ask him as a curious but worried look starts to form on your face

“This is what I mean…” he starts, before cupping your face together with his hands and pressing his lips onto yours. The sparks flow throughout your body, as he passionately kisses you, right there, on the dance floor.

When you finally break apart due to the change of song, you stare into each other’s eyes for what feels like an eternity before you blurt out: “I feel the same way”, and with that, Ashton grabs you once again, kisses you sweetly and spins you around as if you are the only girl in the room.

Sorry for the Ashton feels, my lovelies x